But, if history has taught us anything, the move could be a signal that the end is near. We've compiled a list of celebrity couples who split up despite renewing their vows.
1. Seal & Heidi Klum: These two were all about renewing their vows and did so every year from 2005 until they officially split in 2012. Heidi told InStyle she enjoyed the tradition because, "We all work very hard and time goes by so fast and you can stumble over years without symbolic peaks in your life to remember -- so we create those."
2. Nick Cannon & Mariah Carey: The two married in 2008 after a two-month courtship and, like Heidi and Seal, also renewed their wedding vows every year of their marriage except 2014 when split rumors began to surface. The most elaborate of their renewals required shutting down Disneyland. But then just months after their sixth anniversary, Nick confirmed they were living separately.
3. Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher: After being married for seven years, the couple, who have a 16 year age gap between them, divorced in 2013. However, before splitting, they reportedly renewed their vows three years earlier during a ceremony in Israel. Their vow renewal came about around the same time that rumors began to swirl that Ashton may have been unfaithful.
4. Bruce & Kris Jenner: The leaders of the Kardashian/Jenner clan celebrated their 20th anniversary by renewing their wedding vows on a family vacation in Bora Bora in 2011. Kris officially filed for divorce last month amid but has nothing but goodwill for her soon-to-be-ex. "We decided to be grownups and we decided we're better apart than we are together, but we're still really good friends," she told Today.
5. Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez: J.Lo and Marc seemed so in love when they renewed their vows in 2010, but things quickly went south as they called it quits about a year later. Interestingly, there was a clause in their divorce agreement stating that they each are permitted to take their twins trick-or-treating separately, which could mean an extra dose of candy for Emme and Max this Halloween.
6. Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries: While Kim and Kris were infamously married for just 72 days, the couple recommitted to each other only six weeks into their marriage on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "I can honestly say that I love you more today than the first day I met you, twice as much as last month, slightly less than two days ago, but still on the whole more than last week," Kim told her then-husband. Following their split, Kim began dating Kanye West, whom she wed in May. The couple have one child together -- one-year-old daughter North West.
7. Jon & Kate Gosselin: Jon and Kate walked down the aisle together for the second time on their reality show Jon & Kate Plus 8 prior to going their separate ways less than a year later. After their split, Jon threatened to sue Kate for custody of their children, allegedly upset that they continue to be featured on the reality show Kate Plus 8. Jon was reportedly evicted from his home earlier this year after telling ET last year that it was "next to nearly impossible to find work."
8. Lamar Odom & Khloe Kardashian: Khloe and Lamar said "I do" a second time in 2010 to mark their one year anniversary. Three years later, Khloe filed for divorce. In an emotional episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Khloe admitted that Lamar cheated on her, saying, "Let me tell you something -- last year on my birthday, I lied to everyone, because I had to lie and say I was with my husband, when in fact my husband was missing with another girl, OK?" Khloe was most recently been linked to rapper French Montana though the two called it quits, while Lamar is no longer in the NBA and has reportedly struggled with drug addiction.