Happy Birthday Miranda Lambert!
In honor of country artist's 31st birthday on Monday, we celebrate by taking a look at our seven favorite things about her. From her moving performances to her amazing camping style, Miranda inspires us all.
1. Her Heart: She teared up while singing "Over You" to a 7-year-old fan with cancer, Brooke Hester, at her concert in Corpus Christi in Texas on Sept. 21. The country singer was so overcome with emotion that she couldn't finish the song.
Brooke's mom Jessica told the Today
show about the moving moment. "It was very emotional and very special," Jessica said. "It just took my breath away when I looked up, and I got the chance to look at Miranda Lambert and thank her, as she was holding Brooke's hand, for her complete compassion that she was demonstrating to my daughter in front of all these people. And then I just kept thinking, 'Oh, my gosh, she's still holding her hand, she's still holding her hand, she's still holding her hand!' And she wasn't letting go. You could just feel the love surrounding the moment."
2. Her Body Image:
Miranda not only knows how to rock a bikini
, but her confidence is inspiring. On her blog, she says she loses weight "the healthy and good old fashioned way" by watching what she eats and working out. She says, "I am proud to be a normal size girl, and I want to encourage everyone to be confident at any size."
3. Her Bed and Breakfast:
Located near the Pink Pistol boutique that sells Western wear and merchandise selected by Miranda herself, the Ladysmith in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, is owned and developed by her. The boutique bed and breakfast features eight bedrooms and according to its site "brings out her eclectic style." She makes you feel at home with her as the b&b's innkeeper even greets you with warm and fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies! In fact, she is so low-key that the guests don’t even recognize her when she's there. She told Yahoo!,
"I went there once, and a couple who was staying there was asking me where I was from, what I did. I just said I was the owner. It later dawned on them."
4. Her Camping Style: When Miranda camps, she glamps! She uses her airstream to have the ultimate glamourous camping experience. As seen in this Instagram on Oct. 27, she has both a campfire and a wine glass that says "Girls Gone Wine" to complete her glamp experience. She sure knows how to make us all want to join!
5. Her Love For Animals: But it wasn't just her glamping experience that was amazing – she also did it for a good cause! She helped shelter pets get adopted while in her airstream. Her love for shelter dogs helps them find homes. A partner to Pedigree and founder of the MuttNation Foundation, she showed off adorable Patsy from Metro Animal Care in Nashville just a week ago.
She also has seven rescue dogs that she calls her children,
and she loves to share photos of them just as much as she helps raise money for the MuttNation Foundation.
Miranda donated proceeds from her show at the Route 91 Harvest Festival to "Cause for the Paws," her 7th annual charity event, which benefits the MuttNation Foundation and brought in over $600,000 this year.
A true animal lover, she's also a horseback rider. One month ago, she rode at the WPCDA American National Show, the largest horse show in the country, with the Reserve Grand Champion.
6. Her No-Nonsense Attitude:
Miranda is known for her not tolerating nonsense and back in 2012, her husband and fellow country artist Blake Shelton told Redbook
about her: "Miranda doesn't want — and I'm using this for lack of a better word — a wuss. She doesn't want a whipped guy. That’s not attractive to her, and honestly, I can't imagine that would be attractive to any girl." He added, "I think that's one of the things that's kept us interesting to one another. She's the same way with me. She was my girlfriend and now she's my wife, but my God, she's still Miranda Lambert, and nobody can tell her what to do or boss her around!"
7. Her Relationship with Blake Shelton: Although Miranda and Blake are a country power couple, they still manage to keep some privacy by doing their interviews separately. Recently, Miranda told 60 Minutes, "We feel like we're very honest with who we are and our relationship. We've kinda told the good, the bad, the ugly as our relationship has progressed from the beginning till now. And people dig anyway and they make up lies, so I feel like, we don't really hold back, because if you hold back they're going to dig anyway so might as well just tell it."
Talking about her husband,
Miranda is not shy about saying what she loves about him. As she said in the same interview, "He's somebody who’s impossible to fight with because he's always in a good mood."
See? Even in a separate interview, we can still feel the love between those two. So how much do you love Miranda? In honor of her special day, tell us why Miranda is your fave in the comments below and on Twitter using #ETnow.