It's been a big year for celebrity news and these are the stars that kept our newsroom on its toes! We tallied up the total mentions of every celeb throughout the year for this complete ranking of the 14 celebrities that made the most headlines in 2014 and what they did to keep us talking.
14. Kerry Washington: The Scandal actress and her husband, former NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha, welcomed their first daughter, Isabelle, in Los Angeles on April 21 but managed to keep the news secret for nearly two weeks. The birth came after months of trying to hide her pregnancy while playing Olivia Pope on her hit ABC drama.
13. Angelina Jolie: The Oscar winner stayed busy with her role in Disney's Maleficent, the release of her passion project, Unbroken, and her marriage to Brad Pitt on Aug. 23. Despite being snubbed by the Golden Globes, Unbroken went on to be No. 2 at the box office over Christmas, pulling in $50 million worldwide.
12. Sandra Bullock: The Gravity star celebrated a major milestone by turning 50 on July 26. She also faced a scary moment when accused stalker Joshua Corbett was arrested for breaking into her home after she called 911.
11. Matthew McConaughey: This was the year of the McConaughey renaissance. The actor scooped up a Golden Globe, a SAG award and a Best Actor Oscar for his role in Dallas Buyers Club -- not to mention his Emmy win for HBO's True Detective. The Texas native also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
10. Miley Cyrus: The "Wrecking Ball" singer claimed headlines with the raunchiness of her controversial Bangerz tour and her hot romance with Patrick Schwarzenegger. She also won an MTV VMA and had a homeless young man, Jesse Helt accept her award.
9. Brad Pitt: Like his wife, Brad also garnered plenty of attention for marrying Angelina at the couple's French estate. Brad's WWII film Fury was also a hit and he filled in for Angelina at the L.A. premiere of her film Unbroken when she came down with chickenpox, walking the red carpet with their children Maddox, 13, Pax, 11, and Shiloh, 8.
8. Beyonce: The infamous TMZ elevator video featuring Beyonce's sister Solange going after Bey's husband Jay Z put Beyonce in the Top 10 of our countdown. Bey and Jay also survived rumors of their marriage being on the rocks and looked hotter than ever with their On the Run tour that grossed more than $100 million in ticket sales.
7. Taylor Swift: The "Blank Space" singer dominated music in 2014. Her first pop album, 1989, ruled the charts, selling 1.2 million copies in the first week alone! She also caused a stir when she pulled her music from the online streaming service Spotify, because she doesn't think it fairly compensates artists.
6. Jennifer Lawrence: The Hunger Games star remained one of Hollywood's hottest actresses in 2014, as she reportedly reels in about $10 million a movie. At 24, she's already an Oscar winner (Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Silver Linings Playbook), but she maintains a semi-normal life like going home to Kentucky for Christmas and was cheering up patients at a local children's hospital. In the romance department, Jennifer kept things interesting. After breaking up with X-Men: First Class star Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer was linked to Gwyneth Paltrow's ex Chris Martin. Not everything went J. Law's way this year, though. She was also a victim of the nude photo hack, calling it a "sex crime" and a "sexual violation."
5. Jennifer Lopez: The "Booty" singer caused a stir with her controversial music video, featuring Iggy Azalea. She also ended her 2-year relationship with dancer Casper Smart who was 17 years her junior. J. Lo also seemed to make it onto the best-dressed list of every red carpet she walked in the past 12 months.
4. Oprah Winfrey: Lady O is always a constant presence in the news, and 2014 was no different. In May, Oprah invited ET's Nancy O'Dell to her Montecito, Calif. home to honor the cast of Belle. She also invited Nancy to the set of her new Martin Luther King, Jr. biopic Selma, covering the Civil Rights Movement in 1965. The movie is already generating Oscar buzz.
3. George Clooney: The actor-director-activist shocked the world when he renounced his long-declared bachelorhood to announce his engagement to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin in April. An epic three-day wedding in Venice soon followed on Sept. 27. Star guests for the ceremony included Matt Damon, Cindy Crawford with husband Rande Gerber, Bill Murray and Vogue editor Anna Wintour.
2. Justin Bieber: The Biebs ranks high on ET's list for some not-so-happy reasons. The pop star was arrested on suspicion of DUI in January, turning himself in to Toronto police six days later for allegedly assaulting a limo driver. His on-again, off-again relationship with Selena Gomez has kept us guessing all year. While Justin posted a video of the two dancing in March, Selena later unfollowed him on Instagram only to have Justin post several pics of the two together later on. Selena may have eventually won the show down with her tearful video for "The Heart Wants What It Wants," where she sobs singing about the couple's tumultuous relationship.
1. Kim Kardashian West: Kim tops our list with 84 mentions by ET in 2014. She kept us busy all year with stories like her 24-hour birthday trip to Hawaii with husband Kanye West and who could forget the picture that broke the Internet? The reality star oiled up for a full-monty booty picture in Paper Magazine that attracted millions of eyeballs. The magazine's chief creative officer Drew Elliott talked to ET about the controversial cover, saying, "There's nobody outside of Kim Kardashian that could really fuel that fire." Plus she managed to get married in the middle of this crazy busy year!