This is what we've been waiting for!
Anna Kendrick is publishing a book of autobiographical essays, it was announced Thursday by her publisher Touchstone.
In a statement, Touchtone says they are excited to work with the 29-year-old actress because she "is the rare entertainer whose impressive arsenal of talents is equally matched by her sharp wit and wry observations about life."
"I'm excited to publish my first book," Anna said of the book deal, "and because I get uncomfortable when people have high expectations, I'd like to use this opportunity to showcase my ineptitude, pettiness, and the frequency with which I embarrass myself."
In our minds, this is a Pitch Perfect choice on our list of humans whose thoughts and ideas we'd want to pour over and read! Here are all the reasons are so excited for Anna Kendrick's upcoming book!
1. She's completely badass and sure of herself.
2. And she's in a very good place perspective-wise.
It's cute how I used to think this "barely-holding-it-together" feeling was temporary.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 17, 2015
3. Plus, we know she's got some great stories to tell.
4. Also, she has a completely adorable side!
5. Honestly, her wink alone deserves its own book.
6. She can toe the line between inspirational and hilarious better than most.
7. She knows what we want before we know we want it.
Can Claire Underwood from House of Cards please do an exercise tape where she's like cold and dispassionate but she gives you a perfect ass?— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 30, 2015
8. And sees things for what they really are.
9. She cuts through the BS and gets to the important stuff.
10. She's pretty experimental.
Guys I think my acid just kicked in.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 2, 2015
11. And takes iPhone screenshots just like us.
My family everyone (Dad is the stoic one) pic.twitter.com/ScyuiAI5Al— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 2, 2015
12. She has an appreciation for Katy Perry that we have to assume must hold some literary weight.
All jokes aside, @katyperry your voice tonight was actually unreal. So were your boobs. That is also not a joke to me.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 2, 2015
13. She gets excited about the things she loves.
"There's a new Star Wars trailer! EVERYBODY SHUT UP THERE'S A NEW STAR WARS TRAILER!" - me being professional on set today— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) April 16, 2015
14. She doesn't mess with clocks.
My bedroom clock is right again.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 8, 2015
15. She likes to drink how we like to drink.
16. She's not afraid to change it up.
17. She has a way of telling us what we need to hear.
18. And really, the choice is just clear.
19. Does she ever not OWN IT at everything she does??
WE LOVE YOU ANNA KENDRICK! EXCITED FOR YOUR BOOK!
Oh, also -- J. Lo dances with her on lip sync battle! Watch the video below.