Maybe you’re still binge-watching Orange Is the New Black. Maybe you finished the entire season in 24 hours. Either way, as long as you’ve gotten to episode six, you’ve surely already fallen in love with the newest inmate, Stella, and the actress who plays her: Ruby Rose.
Everyone is in love with Ruby. Lesbians, straight women, even gay men.
Ruby knows about your thirst too:
But once you get to know the woman behind the khaki prison jumpsuit and swoon-worthy Australian accent, it will just cement her spot as your #WCF (that’s Woman Crush Forever).
1. She’s a multi-talent. She’s a model.
This is actually her first big acting gig in Hollywood. Meanwhile, she’s appeared in Vogue Australia, InStyle, Cosmo, and more, and is a Maybelline cover girl in Australia.
2. She got her modeling start in the Girlfriend model search in 2002!
Yes, that’s Ruby. And Girlfriend like the magazine. She came in second place.
3. She’s also a TV host and video jockey.
She hosted a High School Musical-esque reality show called Ultimate School Musical back in Australia and has guest-judged on their version of Top Model. She also got a job as an MTV VJ after out-drinking one of those Jackass guys with 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes.
4. And she’s a DJ.
Literally, there’s nothing she doesn’t do.
5. Oh, and she’s apparently an amateur psychic.
At least, she predicted she would be on OITNB season 3.
6. She’s been out of the closet since she was 12 years old.
7. And speaks openly about being gender fluid.
In 2014, she made this amazing video called “Break Free” challenging gender norms. She explained to The Guardian, “As a little kid, I was convinced that I was a guy. ... I used to sleep on my chest because I thought it would stop me from getting boobs. I used to pray to God that I wouldn’t get breasts.”
8. On top of all that, she still finds time to do charity work.
She travels to places like Laos and Africa to volunteer, but also competed for charity in an amateur boxing match?! You can watch the fight here. Spoiler alert: She wins.
9. She’s an animal lover.
And animal rescuer.
10. And loves a cat meme as much as the next gal.
11. She has a style all her own. Including 60 tattoos.
One is of Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
12. And you never know what kind of look you’re going to get.
13. You seriously...
“Pushing boundaries is what makes the world go round,” she’s said.
16. But she never takes herself, or her style, too seriously.
This haircut is what inspired this Instagram:
17. And obviously, because she’s amazing on Orange Is the New Black.
Just another reason to be obsessed with this show, we guess.
Now, here’s the bad news. For you. Not for Ruby. She’s engaged.
To fashion designer Phoebe Dahl. And they’re super, super cute together.
Fun fact: Phoebe is the granddaughter of author Roald Dahl, so Ruby will have an in with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Oh well, #relationshipgoals then!
Now, find out why the OITNB cast says that ‘Women are the New Black’: