Say it ain't so!
After four years of marriage, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton have divorced. As evidenced by their inclusion on our list of couples whose divorce would shatter our faith in love, we are truly devastated by this development.
Perhaps what's most truly upsetting is how often this country couple seemed perfect for each other. Here are nine times Miranda and Blake talked about love and divorce that had us convinced they could last.
1. When Miranda said that her and Blake tell it like it is.
"We feel like we're very honest with who we are and our relationship," she told 60 Minutes last November. "We've kinda told the good, the bad, the ugly as our relationship has progressed from the beginning till now. And people dig anyway and they make up lies, so I feel like, we don't really hold back, because if you hold back they're going to dig anyway so might as well just tell it."
2. When Miranda said that "divorce is not an option."
"Like I always say, my mom said to my dad, 'Divorce is not an option,'" Miranda told Country Weekly in 2013. "So, we really love each other and have a real marriage outside of all of this."
3. When Miranda felt truly lucky.
"I'm so thankful for all the blessings. @blakeshelton I love you! What a great night last night. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."
4. And when Blake called luck an understatement.
"That's an understatement," responded Blake, to a fan who called him lucky after tweeting a picture of Miranda performing.
5. When Miranda said that being home alone together keeps them grounded.
"We go home it's like a totally different world," said Miranda. "We're in the country, just with animals and we're miles from any major city and it really calms us down, keeps us grounded."
6. When Blake was almost too excited for Miranda's Marie Claire cover.
7. When Miranda showed off their PDA.
8. This amazing message from Blake to Miranda when she won Artist of the Year at the CMT Awards.
9. Their beautiful duet.
Miranda surprised fans at an Oklahoma City show in March when she brought her then-husband on stage for a touching, emotional duet.
"I wanted to do this song tonight because Miranda is the reason I recorded this song," said Blake.
We're going to crawl into a hole and cry.