Dwayne Johnson running down the beach in slow-mo? We would watch that.
The artist formerly known as The Rock *and* Zac Efron running down the beach in slow motion? Together? We don’t need to even say how hard we’d watch that. Apparently we will be able to soon enough: They’re starring in a reboot of Baywatch with Seth Gordon (Horrible Bosses) directing.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, this take on Baywatch will be about “a by-the-book and very serious lifeguard (Johnson) who is forced to team up with a young rule-flouting hothead (Efron) in order to save their beach from environmental destruction at the hands of an oil tycoon.”
Well, that sounds like far more...plot than expected. We just hope it’s a comedy with bonus action and not the other way around, because D.J. has always been hilarious and Neighbors cemented Zac as one of our favorite comedic actors of this era. (“Our movie will be big, fun and RATED R.. Like me when I drink,” D.J. also tweeted, so we’re optimistic.)
Either way, we already know they’ll be perfect for the roles. Here’s why:
1. Zac Efron looks good in a swimsuit:
It’s not red, but still.
2. And generally otherwise shirtless:
3. As does D.J.:
The kind of crazy 24day that raises the eyebrow.. #AMCardioOutside #HandledAndDone #TakeJetNow #FromBoston #ToLA #ShootESPNCommercialForBALLERS #HitGuysChoiceAwardsForSPIKE #ReceiveGreatestHonorFromMilitary #HeroAward #DeliverASpecialSurpriseToOurMilitary #CelebrationDinnerForSanAndreas (will make my boys @bubbakrush @bslater9 pay the bill) #JetBackToBoston #LandAt8AMSunday #HitTheGym #GoHome #TakeNap #HaveEpicCheatMealDay #SayNightlyPrayerOfGratitude #PassOutLikeADrunkOnBed
4. And notably, D.J. looks good shirtless in tropical locales:
Imua... In Hawaii we have a word called "mana" which means "spirit". "Warrior mana" is my foundation. Core of the symbolic story my tatau (tattoo) tells. My mana is my DNA that keeps me grounded and hungry. Find your "mana" and let it lead you. Inspire you.. to be a little better today, then you were yesterday. #AkakaFalls #DNA #WarriorMana #RemovingClothingIsOptional
Tropical locales like, say, a bay. That needs to be watched.
5. Zac looks good shirtless in locales such as the beach too:
6. And shirtless at the beach while also wet in the ocean:
7. We’ll even take D.J. fully clothed, so long as those clothes are dripping wet:
8. And don’t even get us started on if his lifeguard wears a Speedo in this:
Moments before our big final "DJ's gettin' nekkid" scene in #CentralIntelligence. Me on stage, a mic in hand, 500 extras staring back at me and my director @rawsonthurber secretly staring at my pec meat. #WhileHeLickedHisLips #HesGonnaBePissedWhenHeSeesThisPost #AhFackIt #InTheNameOfComedy #WhenICommit #ICommit #HappyNowThurber? #Sumbitch #CentralIntelligence SUMMER 2016.
9. But seriously, Zac is a talented actor. Look how well he is acting nearly naked:
10. And because Zac might win another “Best Shirtless Performance” award -- yes, that’s a real category at a real award show called the MTV Movie Awards -- and then take his shirt off onstage again:
11. Oh, and Zac isn’t scared of anything that lives in the ocean:
Which might be relevant too. Whatever.
The Rock wasn’t always this hot. Check him out ‘kicking puberty’s ass” at 16: