22 Questions We Have After Watching the 2015 MTV VMAs
By John Boone
Photo: Getty Images
Plenty of things happened at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards that made sense. Nicki Minajsquashed her “beef” with Taylor Swift by welcoming her to the stage. The host of the VMAs, Miley Cyrus, pointed out how little winning a VMA actually means. Etcetera.
3. Is Nicki Minaj the reason we still have award shows? Because she’s definitely the best part of every award show we’ve had lately.
Remember when she spilled the tea at the BET Awards? Anyway, can we go back in time and change our yearbook quote to, “Now back to this b***h that had a lot to say about me the other day in the press.”
Did he catch his reflection in a camera and finally see that haircut?
5. And speaking of, what’s going on with that new haircut, Bieber?
It’s very Jon & Kate Plus 8 meets “Can I Speak To The Manager?” Sidebar question: We’re not going to let this haircut become a trend now, are we? Teens? We’re not, right?
6. Who approved that Rebel Wilson bit about “stripper police”?
Not just because it seemingly made light of police brutality, but also because who allowed her to wear a shirt with “F**K” written on it on live TV? Did MTV have a dress rehearsal or anything for this?
We don’t mean that in the shady way that you all meant it. But the verse she rapped during “Cool for the Summer” seemed like it was from a different song. Why did they not just debut their collaboration from Demi Lovato’s upcoming album?
14. People do know that Selena Gomez is more than just a member of Taylor’s squad, right?
Poor Selena. She just stood there silently with Karlie Kloss and Gigi Hadid while Taylor did all the interviews. Selena has an album coming out soon!!
15. And what did Hailee Steinfeld ever do to you, Miley?
During the show, the VMA host tossed it to the VMA field correspondent (or whatever Hailee Steinfeld’s role was?) by saying, “And nothing says turnt like Hailee Steinfeld.” Well. That just seems petty AF.
16. Did you ever think the VMAs would end with Mariska Hargitay onstage?
17. Why don’t we talk more about how hot Nick Jonas is?
We all know it. We just think we should talk about it more. Like, all the time.