Baby Daddy star Jean-Luc Bilodeau, who was sent to the hospital after his Halloween costume caught on fire, addressed the “freak accident” on social media on Friday.
Laying in a hospital bed, with Batman standing by his bedside, and his right arm heavily bandaged, the actor updated fans on his condition.
“Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!” he wrote in the caption of the photo. “I’m in great hands and recovering quickly.”
The 24-year-old actor took the opportunity to give a PSA of sorts to others who may be going out and celebrating the spooky holiday.
“Have an awesome Halloween and BE CAREFUL,” he emphasized. “From now on I’m handing out mini fire extinguishers instead of candy.”
Bilodeau’s costume caught on fire when he got too close to an open flame while attending co-star Tahj Mowry’s Halloween party on Oct. 24. Bilodeau suffered burns to his legs and arms, and he is expected to make a full recovery.
"From what we understand, it was no one's fault and this was merely a freak accident," Bilodeau's rep told ET. "While this accident is extremely unfortunate, it serves as a reminder that Halloween costumes and Halloween make-up can be extremely dangerous and flammable. Please exercise precautions this season and be mindful of what you are putting on your body and face."
Bilodeau’s castmates have been visiting him at the hospital, a source told ET, and he is in “good spirits.”
Production on Baby Daddy has been rearranged to accommodate Bilodeau, though it will still return on Feb. 3, 2016 on ABC Family.