Lamar Odom's health continues to improve only a few weeks after he woke up from a medically induced coma.
A source tells ET that the 35-year-old athlete is now able to walk with the help of a walker and people holding him up. He is expected to be able to move around on his own in a week or so. "He is doing better but he has a long road ahead," the source cautions.
EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Is 'Not Delusional,' but She Won't Give Up on Lamar Odom
The former NBA pro was found unresponsive at a Nevada brothel on Oct. 13, and has been hospitalized ever since. After coming out of his medically induced coma at Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada, he was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, where he currently resides.
ET is being told that Odom has been allowed visitors as his health continues to improve, but it's up to him who gets to visit.
Odom's estranged wife, Khloe Kardashian, who was at his bedside every day after he was first found unconscious, continues to visit daily. He's also seen his kids, Destiny and Lamar Odom Jr., and his former Los Angeles Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant has been to see him.
WATCH: Lamar Odom's Father Claims the Kardashian Family Won't Allow Him to Visit His Son
While Odom is up and walking, ET was told last week by a source that the athlete's brain injuries are "still serious," and that Odom is being treated by doctors as a victim of brain trauma.
"It wasn't just one small stroke, it was a series of strokes," a separate source said at the time. "They won't know the extent of the damage for a few months. They need time for the brain swelling to go down."