Today is Miranda Lambert’s 32nd birthday!
This past year has had its rough spots -- her divorce from Blake Shelton and his subsequent, high-profile relationship with Gwen Stefani -- but why focus on the negative? Especially since this may have been Miranda’s best year yet. Here are 32 reasons why.
1. She won a GRAMMY! For Best Country Album!
2. It was only her second win and certainly well deserved. She was also nominated for Best Country Song (“Automatic”) and Best Country Duo with Carrie Underwood, for “Somethin’ Bad.” When it comes to the GRAMMYs, it truly is an honor just to be nominated.
3. Especially when she had one of the best performances of the night.
Miranda sang “Little Red Wagon” and it cracked the top five in our ranking of 2015 GRAMMY performances. She was the only person bleeped (badass) and the only person who seemed like she was having any fun.
4. Meanwhile, at the Academy of Country Music Awards, she earned more nominations than any other artist -- eight!
5. And she won more awards than any other artist, including Female Vocalist of the Year, for the sixth consecutive year in a row.
6. She also won Album of the Year, for Platinum, and Song of the Year.
7. She was also nominated for Entertainer of the Year, which she didn’t win -- Luke Bryan did -- but she was certainly in good company.
8. And she was one of seven artists to be celebrated with a Milestone Award. "I have no idea why I'm receiving this, but I just want to say thank you so much for allowing me to live my dream,” Miranda said while accepting the award.
9. Her many wardrobe changes throughout the night proved that she will forever be one of our best dressed. Both in red carpet looks…
10. And performance numbers. Who else could rock red leather like that?
11. Speaking of, at the ACM Honors, she got to perform with none other than the legendary Loretta Lynn.
12. Earlier in the year, Miranda performed with another legend -- Patty Loveless -- at ACM Presents: Superstar Duets.
“What an honor to sing with this amazing woman and artist,” she said.
13. And most recently she was welcomed to the stage by a future legend, Taylor Swift, on her 1989 World Tour and the two performed “Little Red Wagon” together.
Related: Miranda sat on a throne made of men.
14. After releasing her latest album, Platinum, in 2014, she got to enjoy the fruits of her labor as the album has nearly gone platinum itself, selling over 750,000 copies as of her birthday.
15. She also released one of her best -- and certainly sexiest -- music videos:
16. And she got a friggin’ star on the Music City Walk of Fame!
Presented to her by Dierks Bentley, no less.
17. Seeing as the first leg of her “Platinum Tour” was such a success, Miranda announced a second leg, upping it to the “Certified Platinum Tour,” stopping in 38 stops in as many cities across the country and in Canada.
18. And if that tour wasn't enough, she announced another, the Roadside Bars & Pink Guitars Tour, with an all-female line-up that included RaeLynn, Courtney Cole and Clare Dunn.
19. She called it “one of the most amazing times I've ever had on the road”:
A little sad this morning that Roadside Bars & Pink Guitars Tour ended last night! It was one of the most amazing times I've ever had on the road. Thanks to everyone who came out to see us! And thanks for supporting women in country music. #girlpower #batshitcrazytour #roadfamily #roadsidebarsandpinkguitars
20. They all got matching music sign tattoos! Serious #TourGoals.
21. All that girl power continued throughout the year, especially with BFF Ashley. It all culminated in the “girls trip of a lifetime!”
22. If she didn’t have as many awesome women in her life, Miranda wouldn’t have been able to pull off the Halloween costume of all Halloween costumes.
A League of Their Own!
23. This was the year that she passed 1 million followers on Instagram:
Not too shabby.
24. And got all feminist and badass on a sexist country radio executive:
"If you want to make ratings in country radio, take females out,"- Keith Hill This is he biggest bunch of BULLSHIT I have ever heard.— Miranda Lambert (@mirandalambert) May 28, 2015
I am gonna do everything in my power to support and promote female singer/songwriters in country music. Always.— Miranda Lambert (@mirandalambert) May 28, 2015
Not too shabby, at all.
25. This was the year she adopted a sweet kitten off the side of the highway:
"Play me a song Curtis Loew Curtis Loew" ....When your friend @harps226 comes to visit and says "oh by the way I picked up a stray kitten on the highway in Arkansas and it's in the garage". And then she smile's this innocent smile. Guess who has a kitten now? @muttnationfoundation #friendsthatrescue #curtisloewcat #cateyes #ohlordy
As we always say, the more kittens, the better!
26. She continued saving lives with the animal rescue she started, MuttNation Foundation, and saw the opening of her Redemption Ranch in Oklahoma.
29. Because she “found magic” along the way this year:
28. Including seeing a double rainbow in the sky:
29. AND RIDING A UNICORN!!!
30. Because in the hardest of times, she found inspiration to write new music.
31. Because Miranda says that her life has only gotten more "amazing":
"Horse Power"..... I'm still floating around on a cloud from last night. Thank you so much @cma for celebrating country music in a big way and for letting me be part of it. Today was a day spent reflecting on this amazing life that Nashville and country music fans have given me. And my friends. I'm so grateful #inspired #gypsyvanner #nomakeuptillnextweek #musicismedicine #chrisstapleton #unicorn #ponyportrait
32. And because we have a feeling last year will only be topped by the next one.
Now, we have some suggestions for guys Miranda should totally date next: