Sometimes the best parts aren’t on television.
ET was on the scene at Monday’s live taping of The Voice in Universal City, California, and we’ve got the scoop on what you didn’t see on TV:
1. Minutes before the live taping began at 5 p.m. PT, the coaches each made their grand entrance to the revamped Voice stage, with a glammed-up Stefani coming out last. As she made her way to her seat, Adam Levine nudged Shelton, who walked up and was the first to greet her with a big hug -- much to the delight of the crowd, who went understandably nuts.
2. During the first commercial break, Shelton wasted no time getting close with Stefani, walking right up to the 46-year-old rocker’s red chair. Both were beaming and couldn’t stop smiling at each other. When Shelton walked back to his chair, he stole another glance and smiled to himself.
4. Though this made it onto the show, Shelton was clearly Team Gwen all evening
, joking that Stefani’s team was kicking Levine’s team’s butt. “Team Gwen overall is whipping the crap out of Team Adam tonight. I’m just callin’ it like it is,” he proclaimed during the show. But right after cameras stopped rolling, Levine got up and pointed to Shelton and Stefani, shaking his head and mouthing something to them. But no bad blood here -- the trio had a good laugh about it!
5. It’s all about body language. The audience began cheering when Stefani, sandwiched between Shelton and Williams, put her arm around Shelton while taking a photo during a break. When she walked away, Stefani squeezed Shelton’s arm. And Shelton was spotted stealing glances at Stefani throughout the night. Awww!
7. While taping, Shelton left the stage a handful of times – the only Voice coach to do so. A quick sip in between breaks, perhaps? About a half hour before the show went live, a bottle of white wine was taken backstage.
8. At the end of the two-hour live show, Shelton and Stefani walked offstage together, but the couple kept it strictly professional – no hand-holding or noticeable PDA of any kind.
Monday’s episode marked the first time Stefani and Shelton appeared on the NBC singing competition show as an official couple. The previous rounds – the Battles and the Knockouts – were pre-taped.
Just last week, Shelton’s rep confirmed to ET
that the singer was dating Stefani, and the couple were seen holding hands while out and about in Nashville at a CMA after party Wednesday night.
“There’s been loads of people that have helped me with this tragedy,” she said of her recently-finalized divorce
from Gavin Rossdale.
“There’s definitely key people that have pointed me into the right direction. Blake really helped me."
Meanwhile, Levine threw his support behind the twosome, calling his Voice
"I love my friends and I support my friends through everything," Levine said in a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest.
"I've been actually really enjoying getting to know Gwen better in the past two months."
The Voice next airs Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.