Tyra Banks and boyfriend Erik Asla welcomed son, York Banks Asla, via surrogate on Wednesday and ET has seven stats about the newborn's father.
1. He's Norwegian: "He's from Norway -- like Vikings," Tyra told ET in December.
2. He's a photographer: According to his website, Erik relocated to Los Angeles and "was soon hired as photo assistant to celebrated photographer Herb Ritts." The website goes on to say that Erik has created beautiful images for advertising, commercial and editorial purposes.
3. He has children from a previous relationship: Erik has two daughters of his own, to whom Tyra has loved playing stepmom.
4. He's been dating Tyra for quite some time: They've reportedly been together since 2013.
5. He has a Top Model connection: The couple reportedly met on the set of Norway's Next Top Model, where Asla was a photographer.
6. His work is in major publications: According to his website, Erik's work has been seen in Allure, Bazaar, Elle, Glamour, GQ Australia, Interview, Marie-Claire, The New York Times Magazine, German Vogue, German Vanity Fair and others.
7. He's fun: "We balance each other," Tyra told ET in December. "He's creative. I'm creative. We just have fun! He's my best friend."