Wes Ball, the director of the Maze Runner trilogy, took to Twitter Saturday to update fans on Dylan O'Brien's health condition.
"Well, it's been a whirlwind of emotions these past few days. I've been overwhelmed with feelings of anger and sadness and guilt," Ball said in a note posted to Twitter.
WATCH: 'Teen Wolf' Dylan O'Brien Hospitalized After Sustaining Injuries on 'Maze Runner' Set
"But, ultimately I find myself left with just a deep love and respect for Dylan. He is one tough cookie," he continued. "I'm sorry for the grief this accident has caused his friends and family as well as my wonderful cast and crew. It's scary seeing your friend get hurt, but fortunately, Dylan is going to be just fine."
Ball concluded the note, "After a few weeks of rest and recovery he'll be back up and running to finish our adventure together."
NEWS: Whoops! Dylan O’Brien Hurt Himself Doing 'Maze Runner' Slide Around His House
O'Brien was injured on the set of Maze Runner: The Death Cure on Thursday. The 24-year-old actor -- who plays Thomas, the lead character in the franchise -- was reportedly run over by a car while filming a scene and is said to have suffered multiple broken bones.
"Dylan O'Brien was injured yesterday while filming Maze Runner: The Death Cure in Vancouver, Canada," 20th Century Fox previously told ET in a statement. "He was immediately transferred to a local hospital for observation and treatment."
Find out more about the incident in the video below.