Jamie Lee Curtis is opening up about her own struggles to address recent reports surrounding Prince's death.
It was reported this week that the painkiller Percocet was present in the late music legend's system when he was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate on April 21. However, it's unclear whether the painkiller caused or contributed to his death at age 57. Additionally, the Coroner's Office issued a statement on Thursday saying it has not released any information on Prince's death, and the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office previously stated that toxicology reports from the autopsy -- which was completed April 22 -- could take weeks to come back.
"Awaiting final toxicology," Curtis wrote in an op-ed for Huffington Post, addressing the reports that "Prince was toxic. I can relate. I was toxic too."
"I too, waited anxiously for a prescription to be filled for the opiate I was secretly addicted to," the 57-year-old actress added. "I too, sought to kill emotional and physical pain with pain killers."
"I am one of the lucky ones as I have been in recovery from opiate addiction for over 17 years," she continued. "I, like all of you, mourn the passing of a great artist but I also mourn the passing of potential artists past and present, caught in this deadly vise."
Curtis then shifted her focus to calling for solutions.
"Let’s work harder, look closer and do everything we can not to enable and in doing so, disable, our loved ones who are ill," she wrote. "This is what it sounds like when we all cry."
At the time of autopsy, a source told ET that Prince was battling health issues, including a case of the flu, which turned into walking pneumonia. The source added that Prince did have issues with Percocet, which the music artist began taking in 2006 to relieve ankle and hip pain.
Watch the video below.