Happy Birthday, Blake Shelton!
The country superstar turns 40 on Saturday, and we've got a feeling this just might be his best year ever! Between his red-hot career and even hotter girlfriend, Gwen Stefani, we can think of at least seven reasons why Blake is heading for a banner year.
So, light those candles and throw back a cupcake-flavored vodka shot in Blake's honor -- it's time to celebrate! Here's why 40 will be Blake Shelton's best year yet:
1. Blake already has his very own Country Music Hall of Fame exhibit, running through November of this year. Talk about a career milestone!
2. He'll be spending "a lot" of time with gorgeous Gwen on the road this summer.
3. Then, he'll head out on his own tour. (With a little help from longtime pal and The Voice mentee, RaeLynn.)
4. By the looks of it, the Oklahoma native is headed for a very solid harvest back home. (Crops on fleek, Blake!)
5. His latest album, If I'm Honest, will be a contender in the upcoming awards-season cycle. Who knows -- maybe this is the year that Blake finally nabs a GRAMMY!
6. But first, he'll re-team with unlikely pal Miley Cyrus on the upcoming season of The Voice. She may not be Gwen, but we think these two are highly likely to bring a lot of laughs to the show. (Plus, Blake's about due for another victory after three seasons in the runner-up position.)
7. Last, but not least: He's got a top-secret project "brewing." When ex-wife Miranda Lambert's Pink Pistol boutique shuttered its doors in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, Blake didn't hesitate in scooping up the vacant properties. "I was offered the opportunity to buy them, and I have a plan brewing," he teased in a statement.
And if we know Blake, we'd say there's a good chance that Tishomingo might find itself with a new Blake-approved watering hole in the near future.
One thing that doesn’t appear to be coming around next year? Another wedding! Gwen shut down engagement rumors surrounding her and Blake with a definitive "No, absolutely not!" in a recent interview. See for yourself in the video below.