In the wake of Anton Yelchin's death over the weekend, Paramount Pictures has cancelled a Star Trek Beyond event at the 63rd Cannes Lions festival, where the cast of the highly anticipated sci-fi film was set to appear.
"All of us are deeply saddened by the loss of our friend Anton Yelchin," Paramount said in a statement to ET. "Out of respect, we are withdrawing our participation in the previously announced Star Trek Beyond event at Cannes Lions this week."
Yelchin, who played Pavel Chekov in the reboot of the beloved franchise, was found dead early Sunday morning at his home in Los Angeles, California.
The 27-year-old actor was killed by his own car after it rolled down his driveway, pinning him against his mailbox and a security gate. A Los Angeles police spokesperson told CBS News foul play was not suspected.
After news of his death broke, many of Yelchin's friends and fellow actors took to social media to share their condolences and memories of the young star.
Star Trek director J.J. Abrams, as well as many of Yelchin's co-stars --including Zachary Quinto, Jon Cho and Karl Urban -- shared their heartache over his passing. Watch the video below to see some of the heartfelt tributes shared in his honor.