T.I. is breaking his silence on the terror surrounding a fatal shooting at his New York City concert in May.
Speaking with ET, the 35-year-old rapper reveals what was going through his mind at the time of the incident.
"I mean, just getting everybody with me somewhere safe," he said softly. Responding to our condolences for the tragic situation ["Sorry that happened, that's terrible"], T.I. added, "Yeah. I am, too."
T.I. previously offered his own condolences to the families affected by the shooting, which left one man dead and three wounded, in a post on his Instagram account.
"My heart is heavy today. Our music is intended to save lives, like it has mine and many others. My heartfelt condolences to the family that suffered the loss and my prayers are with all those injured," he wrote last month.
The altercation took place in the green room on the third floor of Irving Plaza in Union Square on May 25. One male victim died from a gunshot to the stomach after being rushed to Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital.
Rapper Roland Collins, who goes by the stage name Troy Ave, was among the three injured individuals and has been arrested in connection with the shooting. He is charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon, and has pleaded not guilty to the charges. His bail hearing is set for July 1.
T.I. previously told TMZ that he wouldn't be making any comments on the pending criminal case, but added: "I got love for Troy and I just think he has enormous potential. I know he has his own relationship with God. All he gotta do is keep God first and he'll pull through."
T.I. is currently busy promoting the upcoming season of his hit reality show, T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, returning to VH1 on Monday, July 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. He's also hard at work on a new album, Dime Trap, due out later this year.