NEWS

Kesha Thanks Fans In First Concert Since Dropping Sexual Assault Lawsuit

by Lynda Brendish 8:16 PM PDT, August 07, 2016
Playing Kesha Thanks Fans In First Concert Since Dropping Sexual Assault Lawsuit

In her first concert since dropping the sexual assault lawsuit against producer Dr. Luke, Kesha played to a sold-out crowd at Harrah's Waterfront concert venue in Atlantic City, New Jersey this weekend, and thanked fans for standing by her through hard times.

"You guys stuck by me during the hardest f**king years of my life," the 29-year-old singer said, addressing her legal battles from the stage. "I'm serious. I could not have made it through without you."

WATCH: Kesha Drops Sexual Assault Case Against Dr. Luke To Focus On Legal Battle over Music

Due to an ongoing contract dispute, Kesha could only perform old material and cover songs, which she has previously mentioned are from artists who have inspired her and her music.

An eyewitness at the concert said that fans "rushed" the stage after the "Die Young" singer told the audience that she wanted to be close to them. "People on chairs, all the rear bleachers were empty," they told ET.

Harrah's management said Kesha was in "great spirits" and the crowd loved her. She partied afterwards with friends and family, including her boyfriend, Brad Ashenfelter, at the Atlantic City hotspot. 

NEWS: Kesha Speaks Out on 'Pain' and 'Hurt' Amid 'F**king Horrible' Dr. Luke Lawsuit

Kesha announced the tour last month via Instagram and kicked it off in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 23.

Check out the singer's spine-tingling Bob Dylan cover at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards in this video.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE SHARE ON TWITTER TWEET