Brad Pitt Says He's 'Focused on My Family Situation,' Cancels First Public Appearance Since Angelina Jolie Fil

By
Brad Pitt is focusing on his family.
The 52-year-old actor has announced that he will not be attending a premiere of Terrence Malick's Voyage of Time on Tuesday. The event would have been Pitt's first public appearance since Angelina Jolie filed for divorce last week.
"Terrence's Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experiential IMAX film for children and families chronicling the birth of time," he said in a statement obtained by ET.  "I'm very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I'm currently focused on my family situation and don’t want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see."
Pitt narrates a 40-minute IMAX version of the film, while Cate Blanchett narrates the feature-length veresion. Pitt and Malick previously worked together on The Tree of Life.
Jolie filed for divorce from the Fury star on Sept. 19, requesting full physical custody of their six children, Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 8.
While Jolie and the kids moved into a new Malibu, California, rental last week, a source told ET that Pitt is hoping to resolve his issues with his estranged wife "amicably and privately," and to see his children soon.
"Every marriage has priorities and they have been able to navigate them up until now," the source added. "Brad has different priorities. He's a leading actor with movies coming out. She has her things she wants to do and no one is saying that's wrong."
"Her global ambitions are part of the current problem -- I don't think anyone wants their kids all over the place," the source continued.
See more in the video below.