Kim Kardashian West is fighting back against allegations that she lied about her robbery in Paris, France.
The 35-year-old reality star filed a federal lawsuit against website MediaTakeOut.com on Tuesday for three of their posts about the incident, which included allegations that there was evidence she staged her own robbery, ET can confirm. "MTO Shock Exclusive: New Evidence Suggests… Kim Kardashian And Her Mother 'STAGED' The Robbery… Just Like RYAN LOCHTE!! (Here Are The FACTS)" one headline read. The site also published a story claiming "French authorities" suspected Kim herself had let the robbers into the apartment.
A later post noted that Kim had filed an insurance claim for her stolen jewelry and that "if she faked the robbery ... she just committed a FEDERAL CRIME." According to the lawsuit, Kim alleges the website cited "unidentified and clearly uninformed" people on social media as its sources.
The posts on the website mentioned in the lawsuit now read, "Removed Story."
According to court papers obtained by ET, Kim demanded the site publish a retraction and apologize but was "ignored."
"After having been the victim of a horrific and traumatic armed robbery in France, Kim Kardashian returned to the United States only to again be victimized, but this time by an online gossip tabloid that published a series of articles in early October 2016 referring to her a liar and thief," the lawsuit states. "Defendants' reckless and malicious publication of the Articles was calculated to cause maximum harm to Kardashian."
ET has reached out to MediaTakeOut.com for comment.
A source close to Kim previously told ET that the mother of two was definitely not exaggerating about her scary incident in Paris, during which she was held at gunpoint and begged for her life.
"Besides the fact that it would not only be uncharacteristic of Kim to lie about something like this, she'd never put herself in this kind of danger," the source said. "They wouldn't do something like this for a reality show. She was scared for her life.”
ET also confirmed last Thursday that filming for Keeping Up With the Kardashians is currently on hold. "Kim's well-being is our core focus right now," a spokesperson for E! said. "No decision has been made as to when production will resume."
Kim has yet to break her silence about the robbery, but a source close to the star told ET that the incident will definitely have lasting consequences for her in the future. "This really shook her and gave her a major reality check," the source said.
Meanwhile, Kim's sister, 32-year-old Khloe Kardashian, broke her silence on Kim's robbery during her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing Tuesday. Khloe admitted that her older sister's "not doing that well."
"I mean, it's incredibly traumatic what happened to her," Khloe said. "But our family is super close and great and we'll get through it together, and we do appreciate all of your guys' love and support. It will take time. You know, it was horrible what happened to her."
"I think it's just a wake-up call to make a lot of life adjustments," Khloe continued. "This is a really serious matter for Kim."