'Stranger Things' Officially Getting a Third Season, Creators Explain Why Fourth Will Probably Be the Last
Jackson Lee Davis/Netflix

There’s only so much terrorizing the good people of Hawkins, Indiana, can take.

Ahead of its highly anticipated second season, Stranger Things is officially getting a third, the show’s creators revealed in a new interview published Sunday.

“We’re thinking it will be a four-season thing and then out,” Ross Duffer, who writes and directs with his twin brother, Matt, as The Duffer Brothers, told Vulture in a recent interview. “We just have to keep adjusting the story.”

“Though I don’t know if we can justify something bad happening to them once a year,” he added, joking, “They’re going to have to get the f**k out of this town… It’s ridiculous!”

And judging from what we’ve seen so far, the threat from the Upside Down seems poised to reign terror on a much grander scale in season two, which makes sense, given the directing duo’s elevated cinematic goals for the series.

“We wanted to push things a bit,” Ross explained. “I told Matt, ‘I don’t want to call it season two, I just want it to feel like a movie sequel.’ If you have a successful movie, No. 2 is always a little bit bigger.”

Well, we’ll do our best to avoid any monsters, as our anticipation for the season three release on Oct. 27 has gone up to “Eleven.”

Watch the video below for the intense season two trailer.