'The Four' Renewed for Season 2

By
FOX

It's official -- The Four: Battle for Stardom will be back for another season!

Ahead of the season one finale of the singing competition show airing Thursday on Fox, the network announced the series has been picked up for a second season.

The Four is truly a next-generation show,” Rob Wade, President, Alternative Series & Specials, Fox Broadcasting Company, said in a statement. “It has pushed past the boundaries of traditional music competition series by focusing on recording artists in an epic battle to become a superstar."

"And for the winner, guided by music giants Sean 'Diddy' Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and Republic Records, this is just the beginning," the statement continued. "We’d like to thank our panel, our ringleader, Fergie, the contestants and our incredible production team for delivering concert-quality shows every week. And we look forward to pushing the boundaries even further in season two.”

According to the announcement, the show will return to the network sometime this summer. No word on whether Fergie will come back to host, or if Meghan Trainor, Sean 'Diddy' Combs and DJ Khaled will be back as panelists just yet.

The Four has been making major headlines the past few months, and not just for its talented contestants. Late last month, panelist Charlie Walk abruptly left the show following allegations of sexual harassment.

“Out of respect for the contestants, my fellow judges and everyone involved with the show, I have made the decision not to attend the finale of The Four," Walk expressed in a statement given to ET by his attorney, Patricia Glaser, at the time. "I do not want my presence to be a distraction. Needless to say this is very upsetting. Although I continue to support the Me Too movement, there has been an extreme rush to judgment against me in this particular case which is unfair and inconsistent with anything that even actually happened. I welcome any investigation so that in short order these unfounded and hurtful accusations can be put to rest.”

As ET previously reported, Walk, a music producer and president of Republic Records Group, was accused by Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith of alleged sexual harassment while she worked for him in the past. In a statement to ET, Walk denied the allegations and said that there had never been a single HR claim against him during his career. Republic Records also told ET in a statement that Walk had been placed on leave.

ET has reached out to Fox for comment on season two judges and Walk's involvement.

The two-hour season one finale of The Four kicks off Thursday at 8 p.m.ET/PT on Fox. In the meantime, watch the video below to hear Trainor and Diddy explain why the show is a "game changer."

RELATED CONTENT:

Fergie Opens Up About Bringing Son Axl on Set of 'The Four' and Their Holiday Plans (Exclusive)

'The Four' Judge Charlie Walk Accused of Sexual Harassment in Open Letter

Charlie Walk Leaves 'The Four' Following Sexual Harassment Allegations