5 Facts To Know About 'Bachelorette' Desiree
By JACKIE WILLIS
March 12, 2013
While Bachelor Sean Lowe announced on Monday that he found love with Catherine Giudici, his former flame Desiree Hartsock announced that her road to romance is just beginning. The Bachelor fan favorite is the new Bachelorette, but what is it about Desiree that got her this coveted spot?
Here are five facts to know about ABC's new "It" girl:
1. What does she do for a living? Desiree's life reads like a Katherine Heigl romantic comedy. Not only is she the new Bachelorette, but the 26-year-old currently works as a bridal stylist in Colorado.
2. Why is this her favorite book? If her favorite book is any indication, she's not much of a reader. Desiree said that Eat, Pray, Love -- also a movie starring Julia Roberts-- is her favorite read "because it's a personal journey of overcoming and finding love and happiness along the way."
3. What is she looking for in a guy? Desiree's rules for dating are simple: don't try to be someone you're not. She said she'd like a guy who "isn't trying to be someone else or act different to impress me. When they can be candid and goofy and let the date proceed naturally."
4. Why didn't Bachelor Sean pick her? Desiree was eliminated in week 8 of The Bachelor, and said as she was leaving, "It's not right. It's not. I don't even know what I'm going to do about my life. I think it was a huge mistake. I think out of everyone there, we have something. I took such a risk coming here and hoping for the best. All I want to do is make someone happy. That's all I want to do. I don't want to say goodbye." While many fans of the show think her brother caused her not to move on in the series, this ousting seems to have only helped her chances at finding true love.
5. What's her dream job? Desiree says if she wasn't a bridal stylist, she'd like to be "an Olympic champion." The Colorado girl said she'd like "to know what it feels like to physically work so hard to be the best in the world at something and have all that hard work pay off."
What do you think? Is Desiree the right choice to be the next Bachelorette?