This Grammy winner and mother of twins is reportedly secure in her judging role on American Idol despite a recent report that producers considered replacing her with former Idol panelist Jennifer Lopez. Here are five things you probably don't know about this music superstar and wife of America's Got Talent host Nick Cannon.
1. Her dad was a Venezuelan aeronautical engineer and her mom was a voice coach and opera singer.
PICS: Forbes Highest Paid Women of 2012
2. Was named after the song They Call the Wind Maria, from the 1951 Broadway musical Paint Your Wagon.
3. Her distinctive voice has an incredible range that spans more than five octaves.
VIDEO: Mariah Carey's First Post-Baby Performance
4. Has sold a whopping 160 million albums during her career and is second only to the Beatles for the most No. 1 hit singles.
5. Her godmother is R&B star Patti LaBelle.
RELATED: Mariah Carey Posts New Pics of Twins