5 Things You Don't Know About Jim Parsons
July 19, 2013
He's already won two Emmys for portraying the brainy Sheldon Cooper on the hit CBS comedy The Big Bang Theory and just picked up another nomination for 2013. Here are five things you probably don't know about Jim Parsons.
1. Born James Joseph Parsons in Houston, Texas, he's the oldest of two children. His mother is a first grade teacher and his father -- who passed away in a car accident in 2001 -- was president of a plumbing company.
2. Has said he caught the acting bug in elementary school while playing the role of the Kolokolo Bird in a school production of Rudyard Kipling's The Elephant's Child.
3. His favorite TV show growing up was Three's Company and more recent favorites include American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, Lost and Friday Night Lights.
4. Says he's always had a strong interest in music and took piano lessons for 14 years.
5. Is prone to motion sickness when riding in a car so he prefers to drive himself.