5 Things You Don't Know About Charlie Hunnam
September 03, 2013
Known for playing a motorcycle gangster on the FX hit series Sons of Anarchy, he's also been officially tapped to play Christian Grey in the much-anticipated film adaptation of the E.L. James novel, Fifty Shades of Grey. Here are five things you may now know about Charlie Hunnam.
1. Got his big break when he was discovered at age 15 while shopping for shoes by a production manager for the British children's show Byker Grove, and he ended up appearing in three episodes.
2. Has said in interviews that there are some similarities in his own upbringing to his Sons of Anarchy character Jackson 'Jax' Teller. "I definitely grew up in a similar world. My dad's a real hard guy. He
made money outside of the law. So I was very aware of the outlaw
mentality," he told USA Today.
3. Learned how to ride a motorcycle while playing the role of Patric in the 2006 sci-fi drama Children of Men.
4. Wrote a screenplay based on the life of Vlad the Impaler from Bram Stoker's Dracula that was sold to Brad Pitt's production company, Plan B.
5. Known for his chiseled body, he told Muscle & Fitness that despite his grueling shooting schedule, he still manages to regularly work out in the gym to stay fit for his shirtless scenes. "So I said, 'I'll try and make it happen.' So I shot 14-15 hours a day on Sons of Anarchy, then I would go the gym for two-and-a-half hours every day after work."