'Full House' Sequel News Was All a Hoax!
November 04, 2013
If you never quite figured out whatever happened to predictability, the milkman, the paperboy or evening TV, you probably never will, because the reports claiming that Full House was returning to TV were actually all based on an April Fool's joke that lived on seven months later!
DisneyTreasures.com started the rumor after quoting an article that clearly had "April Fool's" in the headline. The false report had a faux interview with the sitcom's creator Jeff Franklin, who said he was "asked by ABC and [Warner Bros.] to write a new show for the Full House characters." The story even went as so far to say the show would revolve around D.J. and Stephanie Tanner, who would be played by actresses Candace Cameron-Bure and Jodie Sweetin who are now 37 and 31, respectively. It also added that all the stars were interested in the return of the series.
The story, according to TODAY, quoted an interview Franklin supposedly gave to the Newport Gazette, a Rhode Island newspaper that closed down in 1799.
Anthony Ocasio, who wrote the hoax for Screen Rant, told TODAY he couldn't believe Disney Treasures fell for the trick, and so many month's later. "It says April Fool right on it," he said.
Full House may not be returning to TV but a Boy Meets World spinoff, Girl Meets World, will be coming to the small screen. Ocasio said this is what inspired the April Fool's story.
Did you fall for the hoax?