5 Things You Don't Know About Kat Von D
November 08, 2013
Currently making headlines for having one of her Sephora lipstick varieties yanked from shelves due to complaints over its name, this Los Angeles-based tattoo artist shot to fame through her TLC reality show LA Ink. Here are five things you may not know about Kat Von D.
1. Born Katherine von Drachenberg on March 8, 1982 in Nuevo Leon, Mexico -- her parents are both Argentinean.
2. The first tattoo she ever gave was at age 14 on a friend -- a depiction of the skull logo for the punk band Misfits. She used a homemade ink machine rigged up with a cassette player motor and guitar string to draw the tattoo.
3. Her favorite band is Motley Crue and she likes the group's song Starry Eyes best.
4. Has always been obsessed with the music of classical composer Ludwig van Beethoven and has been playing classical piano herself since age seven.
5. Among her favorite movies are The Devil's Rejects, Zoolander, Immortal Beloved, The Last Unicorn, Spinal Tap, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures and anything with Will Ferrell.
More On: Kat Von D