New Jersey has brought us some of the best reality shows on TV. So in addition to finding out what some of our favorite stars like Danielle Staub, Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, and Angelina Pivarnick are up to now, we've also created a list of 13 things we've learned from watching Real Housewives of New Jersey and Jersey Shore over the years.
1. How to dramatically flip a table and make it look easy, thanks to Teresa Guidice during season 1 of Real Housewives of New Jersey.
2. How to announce to your friends that the cabs have arrived to pick you up and take you to your next location. Thanks to Pauly D for coining, “Cabs are here!”
3. The importance of the grenade whistle … because we all need a proper warning sometimes.
4. How to have a girl fight… but like, in a classy way. (Make sure you're dressed to impress)
5. It is completely acceptable to be a stage mom, (ahem Teresa Guidice and Danielle Staub).
6. How to properly schedule your day: “GTL.” Go to the gym first, tan second, and laundry third. Any other order would throw your whole day out of whack and throw the cast of Jersey Shore off.
7. If you’ve got it, flaunt it! And even if you don’t, still flaunt it anyways. (This lesson came from both Real Housewives of New Jersey and Jersey Shore)
8. Making out with your roommates is totally acceptable and you probably won’t have an awkward experience the next morning.
9. You can look taller with the right hair pouf (or a bump it)!
10. That you can be anything you want to be. Take Melissa Gorga for example, she wanted to be a singer, her husband built her a recording studio in their home, and BAM … she was a singer!
11. It IS possible to dance your underwear off (oh Snooks)
12. How to properly disinfect a “smush” room: completely immerse yourself in plastic trash bags, cut out a mouth hole to breathe, enlist in some bottles of disinfectant, and start spraying!
13.That even having a “smush” room in a house is anything remotely normal.