Remember when Ben Affleck wore that bright red Daredevil suit and swapped witty one-liners with Colin Farrell and had sexy playground fights with Jennifer Garner? This isn’t anything like that.
Judging by the first full-length trailer, we also won’t be getting any of the do-gooderness of Captain America or comedy of Iron Man when Daredevil -- the first of four superhero mini-series -- debuts on Netflix. (If you need a primer on the series, check out our nerdy deep dive here.)
Check out the newest trailer for the darker, grittier Marvel series:
Here are just seven of the darkest, grittiest, bloodies, most badass moments:
1. When we first meet the villain, Wilson Fisk aka the future Kingpin (Vincent D'onofrio), and he’s full-on head butting people:
2. And when we meet Matt Murdoch’s love interest, Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll), and she’s literally terrified of everything:
3. Rightfully so, as there are just masses of men running around with AK47s:
4. When we see exactly how much ass Daredevil (Charlie Cox) is going to kick:
5. He kicks a cop’s ass! Daredevil fights an officer! Tony Stark would never!
6. And all of his own ass that gets kicked in return:
Honorable mention for the Avengers shoutout at the end:
It’s going to be very...interesting when Daredevil crosses paths with Robert Downey Jr. and the other Avengers -- and you know he’s going to eventually, this is Marvel. Everything’s connected. Or better yet, the Guardians of the Galaxy! Can you imagine this version of Daredevil talking to a tree?!
All 13 episodes of Daredevil will premiere on Netflix on April 10.
Now, go behind the scenes with ET on the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron: