TV

Kristen Stewart Says She Felt 'So Bad' About 'Saturday Night Live' F-Bomb

by Raphael Chestang 5:39 PM PST, March 08, 2017
Photo: Getty Images

Kristen Stewart's debut as a Saturday Night Live host last month didn't go exactly as planned, and now she's opening up about the experience.

While the 26-year-old actress' overall performance went well, her opening monologue ended on a low note when she accidentally dropped an F-bomb live on air, breaking the cardinal rule of broadcast television.

WATCH: Kristen Stewart Drops F-Bomb, Calls Herself 'So Gay,' Mocks Donald Trump Twitter Feud on 'SNL'

"We've got a good show and I totally care that I'm here because it's the coolest f**king thing ever," Stewart said on the NBC sketch show.

"I felt so bad about it," Stewart admitted to USA Today. "I just came offstage apologizing profusely and being like, 'I'm so sorry. That's not something I thought was going to happen.' And they were really nice about it. They were like, 'We still have an entire show to do. Don't think about it.'"

Fortunately, the gaffe didn't influence the rest of the episode, and Stewart was able to find her stride. Still, she's baffled by how she could even allow such a slip.

WATCH: Kristen Stewart Publishes Research Paper on Using Artificial Intelligence to Create Art

"It was funny, because I got through every single dress rehearsal without ever [swearing] in a scene, and before we actually went live, every single person was like, 'You're going to do great. It'll be over in an hour. Just let the show catch you. And please, please, please don't say [the F-word],'" she said. "I was like, 'I won't. Trust me. There's no way.' And, of course, [I did] in like the first five minutes."

Stewart can next be seen on the big screen in Personal Shopper, opening March 10. Saturday Night Live is all new this week with host Scarlett Johansson and musical guest Lorde.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE SHARE ON TWITTER TWEET