Chris Harrison is optimistic that Bachelor in Paradise will return to TV.
Production on the upcoming season of the ABC reality series was halted over the weekend over "allegations of misconduct"
following DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios allegedly hooking up in the pool after the cast had been "drinking all day." While a source close to Bachelor in Paradise
told ET on Monday that the show is in danger of being "done," Harrison is still hopeful that filming will resume.
WATCH: How Bachelor in Paradise Scandal May Have Spoiled Rachel Lindsay's Bachelorette Season
"By now no doubt you have heard that we have suspended production on this season's Bachelor in Paradise
. I can confirm to you that this is sadly the case. Out of respect to all involved, there's only so much I can and will say at this time," he began his statement. "Let me start by saying the safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us. It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming."
"Warner Bros. is handling the details of that investigation. They're moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that's done a clear concise decision can be made about where we go from here," the Bachelor in Paradise host continued. "It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon."
Harrison also assured viewers that he will let them know as soon as he has more information. "I know in this day and age we want and even expect immediate answers but in this case it's just not possible," he noted. "I will keep you as informed and up to date as I possibly can. We’re sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused the cast, the crew and our loyal fans."
On Sunday, another source told ET that one of the producers became uncomfortable after things escalated between Jackson and Olympios. "Everyone is just going about their business. Cameras are rolling. Producers are everywhere," the source noted. "That's when a 'third party' felt uncomfortable, claiming misconduct in the workplace. As of right now, production of Paradise is suspended indefinitely, and they are sending everyone home and telling everyone else to stay home."
Bachelor in Paradise had just started filming the upcoming season in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and was scheduled to premiere on Aug. 8.
ET has reached out to Jackson and Olympios in regard to the alleged incident.