13 Reasons Why fans, rejoice -- a second season is well underway!
ET's Carly Steel caught up with Dylan Minnette and Katherine Langford, who play Clay Jensen and Hannah Baker, respectively, on Wednesday at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual grants banquet. During our interviews, they revealed they're back on set, currently shooting scenes and "excited" for the drama series to return to Netflix.
WATCH: Selena Gomez Responds to Critics of Her Netflix Series' '13 Reasons Why'
"I can tell you we're deep in the thick of it," said Minnette. "Getting right on a plane after this to go back and do more tomorrow ... I can't really say much."
"We're really, not really halfway through, but we're getting there," he added.
Langford echoed her co-star's statements, telling ET that production has being going "really good" so far.
"I'm excited that I get to be back and work with the people that I love, because I love all the people on this show," she gushed. "But it's also, I think, really exciting that we get to continue the conversation that we started in season one. So, I'm excited."
Since season one began streaming in March, its controversial themes of suicide and bullying have become a topic of conversation amongst viewers, celebrities and critics. Minnette believes that for season two, the writers are doing the "best job" they can at telling the stories they think should be told.
WATCH: Paris Jackson Says '13 Reasons Why' Suicide Plot Line Is an 'Extremely Triggering Thing to Watch'
"I think every single word from everyone across the world has been heard by everyone involved with the show," he said. "Whether that will have an impact or change the storytelling that needs to be done in season two, I don't think so. I think they're, again, going to tell the story that we think needs to be told and tell it, and try to do the best job that we can, like last year."
"I'm not sure how I can answer [that question] without giving away too much about season two," added Langford. "All I can say is, I feel like we continue the discussion from season one."
Minnette and Langford also told us they're still amazed with the "overwhelming" response they've received about the show.
"I don't think anyone really expected it to be received the way it was," said Langford. "I'm very proud of the show and I'm really, really thankful that I'm able to be a part of it. And to have the ability and the platform to be able to reach out and, you know, give links to a project or GLAAD or 13ReasonsWhy.info. So, I just hope that I continue to do that."
WATCH: Selena Gomez Says She's 'in a Really Happy Place,' Talks '13 Reasons Why'
"I feel really lucky to be a part of that project," added Minnette. "You feel a responsibility, but I also feel really excited about it. You're not saving lives, as an actor, but you can come pretty close sometimes, very rarely with a project, and I feel like we have gotten there with this. So, I'm happy about it."
Selena Gomez, who serves as executive producer on the series, covers the September issue of InStyle, and in her accompanying interview with the outlet, which was released on Thursday, she revealed that questions will be answered in the series' second season.
"I didn't think it would even remotely blow up the way that it did, both positively and, obviously, controversially," she explained. "So, in season two, we answer a lot of the questions that were brought up, and I think if our show is able to start a conversation at the dinner table -- even if it’s just, 'That’s terrible' or 'That was great' -- it’s still starting a conversation. It scared people, but it’s really important."
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual Golden Globe Awards will air January 7 on NBC. To hear more on Gomez, watch the video below.
WATCH: Selena Gomez Calls The Weeknd Her 'Best Friend,' Says She Was 'Easily Influenced' in Past Relationships