If we have one complaint about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's turn as hosts of the 2015 Golden Globes it’s that there wasn’t enough of them. And we wish they were meaner. So two complaints, but that’s it.
And the reason we wanted more of them was because — just like last year — their jokes were the best part of the show. From best to even best-er, here are the most LOL-worthy jokes from a very LOL-y show:
9. Amy: “We should explain to all the people in the room — the Hollywood people — cake is like a, it's like a fluffy desert that people eat on their birthdays.” Tina: “Oh, and birthdays are like a thing people celebrate when they admit that they have aged.”
8. Tina: “Steve Carell’s Foxcatcher look took two hours to put on, including his hair styling and makeup. Just for comparison, it took me three hours today to prepare for my role as human woman.”
7. Tina and Amy: “Our next presenter is known by only one name...WINFREY!”
6. Tina: “Would you rather, Colin Farrell or Colin Firth?” Amy: “OK! Farrell all day!” Tina: “Firth, for a polite amount of time.”
5. Tina: “Tonight we celebrate all the great television shows we know and love, as well as all the movies that North Korea was OK with.”
4. Tina: “Joaquin Phoenix is nominated for Inherent Vice, but obviously he isn’t here tonight because he has said publicly that award shows are total and utter bullsh—oh hey Joaquin! There he is!”
3. Amy: “Ladies and gentleman, when you're producers are telling you your running long there's only one thing to do: Please welcome Matthew McConaughey.”
2. Amy: “In Into the Woods, Cinderella runs from her prince, Rapunzel is thrown from a tower for her prince, and Sleeping Beauty just thought she was getting coffee with Bill Cosby.” (Among other great Cosby digs.)
1. Tina: “George Clooney married Amal Alamuddin this year. Amal is a human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, was an adviser to Kofi Annan regarding Syria, and was selected for a three-person U.N. commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza Strip. So tonight, her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.”
Yeah! Ya burned, George!
We’ll miss you next year, Tina and Amy (but hopefully Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig will host and that will help us miss you a little bit less).