Bobby Brown needs time to "process all the emotions" he has after a court ruled on Friday that Nick Gordon is liable for the wrongful death of his daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown. The judgment came after Gordon was a no-show at the hearing on the civil lawsuit filed against him by the estate in Fulton County, Georgia.
Brown, 47, spoke out in a statement to ET on Friday about the latest development in the $10 million civil suit filed in August 2015 by Bobbi Kristina's conservator, Bedelia Hargrove. The suit alleged that Gordon physically abused and stole thousands of dollars from Bobbi Kristina, and a later amendment alleged that Gordon also gave her a "toxic cocktail, rendering her unconscious and then put her face down in a tub of cold water causing her to suffer brain damage."
"I am pleased with the outcome of today's court proceedings," Brown said. "All I ever wanted was answers relating to who and what caused my daughter's death. Today's judgment tells me it was Nick Gordon. Now I need to process all the emotions I have and lean on God to get me and my family through this."
WATCH: Nick Gordon Found Liable for the Wrongful Death of Bobbi Kristina Brown
Brown's lawyer, Christopher Brown, also said in a statement that he was pleased with Friday's judgment.
"We have said all along that we believed Nick Gordon was responsible for the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown," the statement reads. "This judgment confirms our belief. Mr. Gordon had every opportunity to appear in court and attempt to clear his name. He declined."
The singer's legal counsel in Georgia, Craig Terrett, told ET that Brown and his team are now looking forward to the damages phase of the litigation. Terrett said earlier that the case will likely be tried before a jury, possibly in November.
"No one appeared on behalf of Mr. Gordon," Terrett added about Friday's proceedings. "He is currently unrepresented as far as we know."
Meanwhile, Hargrove's attorney, David Ware, said that his client will approach collection of the eventual judgment with "zeal and fervor" in honor of the late Bobbi Kristina.
"In August 2015, Bedelia C Hargrove, Administrator of the Estate of Bobbi Kristina Brown, began the arduous, but necessary, process of establishing that Nicholas Gordon was legally responsible for Bobbi Kristina’s injuries and death," Ware said in a statement to ET on Friday. "Today, the court agreed with her in her pursuit of justice for Bobbi Kristina. We look forward to having a Fulton County jury determine how much Mr. Gordon will have to pay. Once that is established, Ms. Hargrove will approach collection of the judgment with concomitant zeal and fervor."
No criminal charges have been filed against Gordon, and ET has reached out to him for comment. Last August, Gordon's lawyers at the time called Hargrove's civil suit "slanderous and meritless."
"Nick has been heartbroken and destroyed over the loss of his love and it's shameful that such baseless allegations have been presented publicly," their statement to ET read. "Nick has engaged civil counsel and intends to defend the lawsuit vigorously and expose it for what it is: a fictitious assault against the person who loved Krissy most."
Bobbi Kristina -- the only child of Brown and late singer Whitney Houston -- was found face down in a bathtub in her Georgia home on Jan. 31, 2015. She died in hospice care last July 26, after spending nearly six months in a coma. She was 22 years old.
WATCH: Inside Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina's Deep Bond
In June, Brown broke down in tears while talking about the death of his daughter in a 20/20 interview with Robin Roberts.
"The same thing that happened to my daughter, it happened to Whitney," he said, referring to the GRAMMY-winning singer's death in 2012 after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles. "The hardest thing I had to do in my life was tell my daughter to let go. My baby's gone. I thank God I'm still here."