Corinne Olympios' Lawyer Reacts to 'Bachelor in Paradise' Resuming Production After Alleged Misconduct Scandal
By Leena Tailor
Bachelor in Paradise contestant Corinne Olympios’ lawyer, Martin Singer, has reacted to news that the ABC series will resume production after an incident involving Olympios shut down production earlier this month.
Season four of the reality series came to an abrupt halt following an allegation of misconduct involving Olympios and co-star DeMario Jackson on June 4. On Tuesday, Warner Bros. -- which produces the series -- announced that its investigation was complete and no evidence was found to "support any charge of misconduct."
Singer told ET it was “no surprise” that Warner Bros. concluded there was no wrongdoing and noted that a separate investigation, based on new witnesses, would continue.
“It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set,” Singer said. “It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone.”
“It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred,” Singer continued. “Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”
Sources previously told ET that Olympios and Jackson were heavily intoxicated before hooking up by the pool on day one of filming.
While neither contestant filed a complaint, both hired lawyers.
A Warner Bros. insider shared that the show will resume shooting in the same location (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico,) and that it was “probably accurate” to say that casting is underway.
Meanwhile, a source close to Jackson told ET that the 30-year-old star was relieved the investigation is over.
"He's just trying to clear his name and move on," the insider said. "This is a huge step right here to clear his name."