As couples everywhere prepare to celebrate Valentine's Day tomorrow, one of the reality world's most famous couples -- Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar -- are using the opportunity to offer their top seven sex and love tips for a long, happy marriage!
Responding to Today show viewers, the stars of 19 Kids and Counting gave their candid responses to questions about how the couple maintains a healthy marriage while managing their busy household.
1. Say yes to sex, even when you're tired. Michelle recounted for Today moms some advice a friend gave her before she got married in 1984. "She said, 'In your marriage there will be times you're going to be very exhausted. Your hubby comes home after a hard day's work, you get the baby to bed, and he is going to be looking forward to that time with you.'" She continued: "'Be available. Anyone can fix him lunch, but only one person can meet that physical need of love that he has, and you always need to be available when he calls.'"
2. But give it a rest sometimes. Michelle revealed that she and Jim Bob abstain from sex when Michelle has her period, and also for a few months after childbirth. "When you've missed it for seven days, you look forward to it even more," Michelle told Today.
3. Treat your wife like a queen. Jim Bob said it's important that both partners treat each other equally when it comes to pampering and planning special moments. "That's key in a relationship, the husband needs to cherish his wife and always treat his wife like a queen," he said.
4. The strong, silent type is overrated. Michelle said she believes that while many men wouldn't do it, she feels it's important that Jim Bob "shares his heart with me, his struggles, his fears and his dreams."
5. Perfectionism kills romance. Jim Bob revealed that placing unrealistic expectations on a relationship can be a bad idea and warned that expectations can sometimes sabotage relationships.
6. Make time for date night. Jim Bob revealed that the couple often heads to Michelle's favorite ice cream shop, for what he describes as "a really special time."
7. Never stop learning. Even after three decades of marriage and 19 kids, Jim Bob and Michelle told Today mothers that they are still open to discovering other couples' advice for a happy marriage.