isn’t afraid of tugging at our heartstrings. This Is Us
With the first 10 episodes of
NBC’s breakout hit in the books, the Pearson family has gone through several ups and downs -- from the dramatic revelation that patriarch Jack ( Milo Ventimiglia) was no longer alive to the letter Rebecca ( Mandy Moore) sent to William ( Ron Cephas Jones) reneging on the agreement for him to meet his biological son, Randall ( Sterling K. Brown). EXCLUSIVE: ‘This Is Us’ Star Chris Sullivan Dishes on ‘Shocking’ Fall Finale Cliffhanger
To tide us over until the show returns for the second half of its freshman season on Jan. 10, here are the moments that made us grab the Kleenex. (But let's be real, it's the
1. When Dr. K told Jack that Rebecca lost the third child, but they could still bring home three babies.
2. When we were first introduced to The Big Three.
3. When we learned The Big Three chant for the first time. RELATED: ‘This Is Us’ Fall Finale Ends on Heart-Stopping Moment That Is About to Change Everything
4. When we realized Rebecca and Jack weren’t together anymore.
5. When Kate revealed to Toby that Jack was dead and they watched the Steelers game together -- complete with Jack's "lucky hat."
6. When Jack vowed that he would quit drinking and be the best husband and father ever.
7. When Jack gifted Rebecca the moon necklace that she still wears. RELATED: ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy Metz Talks Dramatic Midseason Finale
8. When Kevin referred to Randall as his "brother" for the first time.
9. When Kevin broke down, possibly for the first time, over Jack's death.
10. When Kevin explained the beauty and sadness of life and death.
11. When Jack saved Thanksgiving. RELATED: ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy Metz Reveals She’s in Love
12. When young Randall started keeping his family's Thanksgiving tradition alive.
13. When William admitted he didn’t want to die after meeting his son.
14. When Randall confronted Rebecca about keeping William from him his entire life.
15. When William received Rebecca's letter telling him he wasn't going to meet his son.
16. When ghost Jack told Randall that he wasn't "a choice," but "a fact." "You were never a replacement son, do you understand?"
17. When Jack did push-ups with Randall on his back.
18. When Randall packed up William's things after he died sometime in the near future.
19. When Toby suddenly collapsed on Christmas Eve. #PrayforToby
What other heartbreaking moments from This Is Us topped your list? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us at @etnow! returns Thursday, Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
This Is Us RELATED: 'This Is Us': Randall Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane With Dad Jack Related Gallery