What's Next for 'Bachelor in Paradise' Post-Scandal: Everything We Know
Warner Bros. announced on Tuesday that filming would resume... but will Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson return?
Bachelor in Paradise is officially back in action.
Warner Bros. announced on Tuesday that its investigation into allegations of misconduct on the set of the Bachelor spinoff had concluded, finding that the tapes "do not support any charge of misconduct" by a cast member.
With the investigation wrapped up, Bachelor in Paradise will resume filming to air this summer, ABC revealed on Tuesday, but several factors remain up in the air.
Here's what we know so far.
When and where will filming start again?
Though Warner Bros. and ABC both revealed in their statements on Tuesday that filming would resume, neither specified when and where production would take place.
According to one source close to production,"casting is underway," and "the series will resume shooting in the same location in [Puerto Vallarta], Mexico." A rep for Warner Bros. had no comment when asked if the same cast members will be returning.
Another source to production tells ET that most of the cast members haven't heard what the next step will be, but that Bachelor in Paradise producers had a meeting on Tuesday morning "to update on what will happen next." The source says it was a big meeting for the team, and once they make their decision, they'll start contacting the cast.
During a Facebook Live interview with ET on Tuesday morning, Robby Hayes, who was a confirmed cast member on season four, revealed that he has yet to hear from producers.
"We were kept in the dark, we met with lawyers just like we do every time," he shared. "We were told it could pick back up. There's just a bunch of stuff on the legal side that they have to take care of first and that they are doing it for our safety, for our concern, because the cast is their primary concern."
"I wasn't sure if they were going to bring Paradise back, replace Paradise with a different more domestic type show, or just have nothing," he explained. "I'm going to wait on, definitely moving forward on it, until I hear from a producer, from the actual mouth that it's happening. But it's crazy."
Another cast member tells ET, meanwhile, that they "just started getting calls about production resuming and us returning to the show. Producers are calling. They're not saying much, just that more information will follow. We haven't been told dates or locations yet."
Two other cast members tell ET that filming could start up again as soon as later this week. "I'm hearing we could be filming again by Sunday," one source said, while another revealed that "it looks like I'll fly out this week."
Will Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson be a part of filming when it resumes?
Olympios and Jackson were at the center of the scandal, with both hiring high-profile lawyers and reps in the midst of the investigation. As for whether they'll return to the show now that the investigation found no misconduct is unclear, as Warner Bros. had no comment.
During Tuesday's Facebook Live, Hayes declared that he's "not gonna rule it out if they bring [Olympios and Jackson back to BIP] for some final comments, but I don't think they should [return]."
Where do things stand with Olympios and Jackson now?
Though the two had hired legal representation, neither Olympios nor Jackson had filed a complaint in regards to the incident that halted production.
Olympios' attorney, Martin Singer, told ET on Tuesday that it was "no surprise" that Warner Bros. concluded that there was no wrongdoing, but noted that a separate investigation, based on new witnesses, would continue.
"It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set," Singer said. "It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone."
While Jackson has yet to comment on the outcome of the investigation, a source close to him told ET that he was relieved about the findings. "This is a huge step right here to clear his name," a source told ET on Tuesday, adding that Jackson has still not seen the footage.
Last week, Olympios said in a statement that she was a "victim" and though she had "little memory" of the incident, she said she was "hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."
Jackson, meanwhile, was focused on clearing his name, telling ET in a statement last week that he was hoping for "the truth to come out in those videos."
What changes will be implemented to production?
In its statement on Tuesday, Warner Bros. said that "we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants," but the nature of those changes is still unclear.
A source close to production tells ET that it likely means the company will be thorough about strengthening procedures put in place to avoid future incidents.
"[I don't think filming] will change much," Hayes said during our Facebook Live interview.
"I think this is kind of an outside issue from that third party," he explained. "Like I said, we are in the dark. We don't know who that is that stirred something up because she didn't like what she saw. But I don't think it's much different than what we saw in the last season of Bachelor in Paradise. There were some trainwrecks there as well."
"Maybe they'll monitor alcohol use a little more," Bachelor alum Whitney Fransway added. "I could see them taking away the couples suites in Paradise."
What about the producer who filed the complaint?
It was a producer who filed the third-party complaint of misconduct, which led Warner Bros. to shut down production, but whether that producer will be returning is still unknown.
"She was pretty new to the franchise. She worked on Nick [Viall's] season," a source previously told ET, with another source adding that some producers "have left the franchise because they have had moral issues with the way the shows are produced."
Will we ever find out what really happened?
Warner Bros.' statement on Tuesday said that "out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident."
Neither Olympios nor Jackson have seen the tapes, and according to Hayes, many castmembers are also unsure as to the details of why production was halted.
"I did not see what happened," he said, adding that as far as the incident goes, "we were kept in the dark."
It remains to be seen how and if the show will address the incident when it premieres later this summer. It was originally slated to begin airing Aug. 8.
Reporting by Lauren Zima, Brendon Geoffrion and Claudia Cagan.