Roll up the red carpet -- it’s finally over.
When Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) won Best Picture at the Oscars, it marked the official end of Awards Season or (The Expected Time of the Year When Attractive Celebrities Give Awards to Other Attractive Celebrities). There was the Golden Globes, the GRAMMYs, the SAG Awards, every other guild’s awards, the Critics Choice, the BAFTAs, the Independent Spirit Awards and, of course, the Academy Awards.
Damn, Hollywood, do you really need that many award shows?!
In case you missed one of the infinity shows, here’s a recap of everything you need to know:
1. Golden Globes hosts Tina Fey
and Amy Poehler
lived up to their word and made a joke
about Bill Cosby
2. Benedict Cumberbatch photobombed Meryl Streep:
3. Gina Rodriguez
won Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for Jane of Virgin and made everyone cry
with her amazing speech:
5. Everyone freaked out when Prince came out to present an award (and kept freaking out every time he appeared at an award show this awards season):
6. And human rights lawyer Amal Clooney
only had an OK time
at her husband’s stupid work party:
7. The Oscar nominations came out and The LEGO Movie was snubbed in the Best Animated Category feature, so they just made their own:
Also, we’ll never forgive the Academy for this.
8. At the SAG Awards, Lupita Nyong’o proved her fashion game was still strong when she showed up in this swishy Elie Saab gown that she swished just right:
9. Julianne Moore
, Jennifer Aniston
, and Reese Witherspoon
all said no to the mani-cam
Good. No actor being honored for her work should have to walk her fingers sexy down a miniature red carpet. It’s diminishing and it’s sexist.
10. Orange Is the New Black’s Uzo Aduba (aka Susan, aka Crazy Eyes) had the best reaction to winning:
11. And Emma Stone tripped Naomi Watts onstage:
12. At the GRAMMYs, Rihanna wore an insane, giant, pink dress:
13. Kristen Wiig performed as Sia and it was one of those things we never knew we wanted, but now that we have it, we don’t know how we ever lived without it:
14. Kanye Weststormed the stage
(again) to protest when Beck
won Album of the Year over Beyoncé
"Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé,” ‘Ye later said.
15. Which was almost as good as Beyoncé and JAY Z’s reactions to Kanye West storming the stage (again):
16. And it was a busy night for Yeezy, because he also found time to bury the hatchet
with Taylor Swift
17. At the Critics Choice Awards, Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie walked the same carpet (albeit at different times):
Aniston told ET
, “I think that it's time people stop with that petty B.S. and just start celebrating great work and stop with the petty kind of silliness. It’s just tiresome and old.”
18. A bunch of male strippers stripped and Julianne Moore and Patricia Arquette were having none of it:
Jessica Chastain loved it.
19. Chastain also gave a stirring speech about diversity in Hollywood:
“[We need] to stand together against homophobic, sexist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic and racist agendas. I'm an optimist. And I can't help but feel hopeful about the future of film.”
20. And John Krazinski and Emily Blunt became everyone’s relationship goal:
21. At the BAFTAs, The LEGO Movie won Best Animated Feature and directors Chis Miller and Phil Lord took a dig at the Oscars. Chris Miller: “You guys win the award for Best Academy.”
22. Host Stephen Fry called Patricia Arquette the wrong name (he called her Rosanna, which is her sister’s name), but Patty took it in stride:
23. Super villain Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and superhero The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) put aside their differences for the night to take a selfie:
24. As did Captain America (Chris Evans) and Superman (Henry Cavill):
Please, please, please could we have a DC/Marvel crossover film? Please?
25. At the Oscars, Melanie Griffith
and her daughter, Fifty Shades of Grey
’s Dakota Johnson
, got into the best mother-daughter argument
we’ve ever witnessed on a red carpet:
Griffith: “She’s a really good actress. I don’t need to see [Fifty Shades] to know how good she is.”
Johnson: “All right, you don’t have to see it. God. I’m like, ‘You can see it.’ And you’re like, ‘Eh, no.’”
26. Patricia Arquette made a call to arms for women’s equality:
27. And got this amazing reaction from Meryl Streep and J.Lo:
28. Oprah was very excited to win a LEGO Oscar (see: No. 7):
29. And even more excited when John Legend and Common’s song “Glory” from Selma won for Best Original Song:
There were so many tears.
30. Eddie Redmayne was surprised when he won Best Actor, then was surprised again when halfway through his speech, he realized he had an Oscar in his hand:
31. John Travolta made us uncomfortable posing with Scarlett Johansson:
32. John Travolta made us uncomfortable staring at Benedict Cumberbatch:
33. John Travolta made us uncomfortable GRABBING IDINA MENZEL’S FACE:
Maybe John Travolta should watch from home next year.
34. And Joan Rivers was left out of yet another “In Memoriam” segment:
But awards season wouldn’t be what it is today without Joan. R.I.P., Joan.
Relive all of the best, worst, and weirdest moments from the 2015 Oscars now: