Charlie Sheen Sues for Defamation Over Report That Claimed He Raped Corey Haim

By
Getty Images

Charlie Sheen is suing the National Enquirer. 

The 52-year-old actor filed a lawsuit against the tabloid, its editor-in-chief Dylan Howard, and actor Dominick Brascia on Friday, in response to an Enquirer article published last month, which accused Sheen of raping Corey Haim on the set of the 1986 film, Lucas.

Sheen is suing all defendants for defamation and false light, and is asking for an unlimited amount of monetary and punitive damages, recovery of his attorney's fees and a jury trial regarding the matter. 

In court documents obtained by ET, Sheen's attorneys claim that Howard ran the story about Sheen "because of a personal vendetta that arose after he was unable to be the first to break the story that Mr. Sheen was HIV positive." The actor's attorney also accuses Brasica, who went on the record with the sexual assault allegations to the Enquirer, of not being a "reliable source nor credible." 

The court docs also note that "Haim's own mother has publicly and categorically denied that any sort of sexual rendezvous occured" between Sheen and Haim. The late actor was 38 when he died of pneumonia in 2010. His mother, Judy, exclusively told ET last month that the Enquirer report "was all made up." 

Sheen's rep told The Hollywood Reporter at the time that Sheen "categorically denies these allegations." 

ET has reached out to the Enquirer, Howard and Brascia for comment. 

RELATED CONTENT: 

Corey Haim's Mom Denies Allegation That Her Son Was Sexually Abused by Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen Denies Allegation That He Sexually Assaulted Corey Haim