Legally Blonde celebrates its 15th anniversary on Wednesday, and instead of letting that make us feel super old (seriously, how has it been 15 years since we first met Elle Woods and Bruiser Woods, Gemini vegetarians?), we’re taking a look back at the most important lessons we learned from Reese Witherspoon’s hilarious, girl-powered comedy.
So grab a box of chocolates and your retro orange iBook, and let's go to school!
1. Getting Into Harvard Law Is Not That Hard
Honestly, if that bonehead Warner can do it, you can too!
2. Always Come Prepared
Once you get that acceptance letter, make sure to pack everything you’ll need to become a high-powered attorney.
3. You Can’t Get Everything You Want By Being Pretty…
Especially if your boyfriend is looking for a Jackie instead of a Marilyn.
4. ...But It Never Hurts to Have a Few Tricks Up Your Sleeve
The “Bend and Snap,” works every time!
5. It’s Important to Be Comfortable Using Legal Jargon in Everyday Life
6. And It’s Okay to Use Unconventional Methods to Prove You’re a Smartie
7. Sometimes, the Key to a Breakthrough Is Just Knowing How a Perm Works…
8. ...Or Being Up to Date on Your Shoe Game
9. Man’s Best Friend Will Always Be There For You…
10. ….Even When the Men in Your Life Let You Down
11. But You Can’t Let One Stupid Prick Ruin Your Life
12. So Keep Your Fashion Sense on Point…
13. ...And Your Sense of Self Even More So!
14. Stay True to Yourself and You Can Do Anything
15. Finally: Exercise Gives You Endorphins. Endorphins Make You Happy. Happy People Don’t Shoot Their Husbands.
They. Just. Don’t.
Check out all the lessons we learned from The Devil Wears Prada in the video below!