Apparently, today is National Umbrella Day, which means there's no better time to celebrate the baddest diva in the game, Rihanna, and her iconic single, "Umbrella."
Hard to believe this classic Rihanna standard came out in 2007 (we're all so old, help us), but we still remember "Umbrella" as one of the greatest music videos of all time.
Then at the GRAMMYs on Sunday, RiRi sent our nostalgia into overdrive with this bold --
possibly from a Disney Princess catalog?
-- fashion choice that single-handedly brought "Umbrella" back. It's undeniable. Just look:
Whether you were feeling her fashion
, it was another unforgettable moment from Rihanna, which the Umbrella video happens to be full of. Here are some of our favorites.
1. When she looks at the camera and you just KNOW:
has gone bad and we love it!
2. And Jay-Z realizes that while we love him, it's time to let RiRi do her thing:
COOL, GONNA LOVE YOU FOREVER NOW THANKS.
4. Then RiRi completely dismisses this CGI water:
5. When the umbrella prop finally has it's time to shine:
"Ella, ella, eh, eh, eh!"
6. And of course she's got a classy routine all set and ready with it:
7. It's not brief either she really commits:
8. Then she takes things in a whole different direction:
Why body paint? Just 'cause, that's why!
9. And finally she brings it home with a rainstorm of sparks:
Don't know if umbrellas would actually help with that but we totally love you!
Alright, gonna go listen to the song a hundred times now.
Also the Rihanna Navy is eagerly awaiting Rihanna's next album, which will be executive produced by Kanye West. Rihanna tells us to
expect it very soon
! Watch the video below.