Out with the old and in with the new! Some stars are ending the year by ending their marriages, but there's still hope for several couples in the new year. ET is taking you through 2014's celebrity splits and engagements.
The Bad News
1. Chris Rock & Malaak Compton-Rock: Chris, 49, and Malaak, 45, are divorcing after more than 18 years of marriage. In divorce papers filed by Chris, he cites irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split. There could be a potential custody battle ahead as the couple share two daughters together (Lola, 12, and Zahra, 10) but a source close to the couple tells People that Malaak is not likely to ask for sole custody.
2. Jeremy Renner & Sonni Pacheco: Sonni filed for divorce from Jeremy, 43, just two months shy of their one-year wedding anniversary. In court papers filed by Sonni, she cites irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split. While there was a prenup in place, the Canadian model is requesting that it be disregarded based on "fraud." The estranged couple share a 21-month-old daughter, Ava Berlin.
3. Giada De Laurentiis & Todd Thompson: The celebrity chef, 44, announced the end of her marriage via Facebook on Dec. 29 after 11 years of wedlock. "Although our decision to separate comes with a great deal of sadness, our focus on the future and overwhelming desire for our family's happiness has given us the strength to move forward on separate, yet always connect paths." The estranged couple have a 6-year-old daughter, Jade.
The Good News
1. Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello: Sofia, 42, and Joe are going strong! During their Hawaii vacation, celebrating Christmas and Joe's 38th birthday, the happy couple sparked rumors that they could be engaged after six months of dating. Speculation began when Sofia was snapped with a diamond sparkler on her wedding finger and E! Online reported that Joe popped the question on Christmas Day. Although the photos appear promising, it isn't unusual for Sofia to sport rings to promote her jewelry line, So Sofia for Kay Jewelers.
2. Lady Gaga & Taylor Kinney: Gaga, 28, married Taylor, 33, in the "You and I" music video where they first met three years ago and now they might be engaged in real life! On Christmas Day, Gaga tweeted, "Merry Christmas monsters, today has been the happiest day of my life. Have a peaceful and healthy holiday."
3. Charlize Theron & Sean Penn: Reports claim that Charlize, 39, and Sean, 54, are engaged. The couple, who first stepped out together in December 2013, allegedly took their relationship "to the next level," according to one of Us Weekly's sources. The news goes on to report that Charlize has yet to get an engagement ring despite the alleged commitment. The couple have been the subject of engagement rumors before. In July, rumors swirled after Charlize was seen at LAX, sporting an 18-carat Anita Ko yellow gold leaf ring on her wedding finger.