9 Things That Will Happen If We Have a Female President
By John Boone
Now that Hillary Clinton has officially announced she is running for president, it could happen: We could have a female president. So what should we expect, if she wins? Here are nine things that will happen if we have a female president:
1. She’ll get sworn in during an inauguration. Where she’ll have to solemnly swear that she will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States. Also, that she will, to the best of her ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
2. She’ll move into the White House. With her First Husband, Bill Clinton.
3. She’ll work in the West Wing. And she’ll get to decorate the Oval Office any way she wants. She’ll get to use the White House’s art collection or borrow art from museums to decorate the walls too. All Presidents get that perk though.
4. She’ll appoint her Cabinet and pick heads of the federal agencies. Like, she’ll get to pick the head of the CIA. The Central Intelligence Agency. No big deal.
5. She’ll veto bills sent through by Congress. And sign Congress’ legislation into law too. Maybe she’ll sign some treaties. Or pardon someone. Definitely she’ll issue some executive orders. And form the U.S.’s foreign policy. Female presidents, am I right?
6. She’ll wear an American flag pin on her lapel. Typical.
7. She’ll give a State of the Union address. It will still be in January and it will still be to Congress and it will still outline her presidential agenda for the year and it will still probably interrupt your favorite TV show.
8. She’ll ride in the Air Force One. She’ll also get the armored Presidential limousine and all the Secret Service cars that protect it. She’ll cause as much traffic as the male Presidents before her.
9. And you’ll call her Madame President. Instead of “Mr. President.” That’s the only difference. Think you can handle that, America?
Now, find out what the House of Cards had to say about whether or not Frank and Claire Underwood are based on Bill and Hillary: