Kelly Clarkson announced that she is pregnant with her second child
with husband Brandon Blackstock during a tearful performance in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, and it has us intensely feeling some type of way.
This is exciting, because like her covers of other artists' music
, and pretty much every other aspect of life, Clarkson is totally killing it at being a mom
so far with 1-year-old daughter River Rose. Here are 19 of Kelly's cutest moments as a mom.
1. "What does a lion say?"
2. When she talked about motherhood changing her life.
"I've accomplished a lot, but I guess the biggest success I want is that whenever I die people will say, 'She was so successful as a mother, and as a wife.' That’s kind of my big goal," she told People magazine
in February. "I never thought I was going to be a mom, so it's very much changed my world in the most awesome way."
3. When she let River take the wheel.
4. When we almost lost River to Canada.
5. When her 8-year-old stepson Seth read to River and it made her life.
6. When naptime hit a snag.
7. When she teased "Heartbeat Song" the only way a song should ever be teased.
9. When she brought River to her video shoot.
10. And then on the road!
11. And then hooked her up with a producer gig.
Little baby, BIG SOUNDBOARD!
"I drink until I pass out."
13. When they were just chillin' backstage.
15. When Kelly had River meet Jimmy.
16. And called out River's PDA OMGGGG.
"I mean, little Maverick better watch out because River is putting out the "kiss me" vibes like crazy," she wrote. "She's like Oprah with cars! You get a kiss! You get a kiss! You get a kiss! Everyone gets a kiss!"
17. And when things got acadorable.
18. This amazing Mother's Day message.
"Best gifts I've been given are all 3 of my kiddos #River #Savannah #Seth Being a mother is the greatest thing I'll ever do," Kelly wrote. "My career inspires me but my family gives me this constant state of euphoria that is all consuming and ever growing and sometimes hard but completely worth it."
Then she wished a Happy Mother's Day to "every single mama on the planet," writing, "You're beautiful! You're inspiring! And you create the future!! What the hell, that's so amazing?!"
19. And finally, announcing baby number two.
Way to break us down, piece by piece, Kelly!
You're our favorite mom besides our moms. OK, it's a tie.