13 Amazing BTS Things We Learned About 'Reputation' From Taylor Swift's Listening Sessions
By Katie Krause
Only a few hundred fans in the world heard Reputation ahead of its release.
Taylor Swift invited these handpicked Swifties into her homes in London, Rhode Island, Los Angeles and Nashville – where not only did they hear the singer’s sixth studio album before today's release date, they also mingled with her family and friends and had candid conversations with her about the new music.
This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.
If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.
Inside Taylor Swift's Los Angeles 'Reputation' Pop-Up
1. Taylor had a very clear vision for how she wanted her playful diss track, “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things,” to sound. Some fans think the song takes aim at an ex-pal in verse one and at Kanye West in verse two, but it actually might be geared towards the media.
2. Even Taylor’s parents, Scott and Andrea, blush at the steaminess of “Dress.” And with lyrics like “I don’t want you like a best friend, only bought this dress so you could take it off” and “I’m spilling wine in the bathtub, you kiss my face and we’re both drunk," we understand. Taylor gets it, too.
3. Here’s how Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds’ daughter, James, really became part of “Gorgeous.”
4. Taylor is definitely in love with boyfriend Joe Alwyn. But she is SO not here for the couple nickname “Toe.”
taylor shut down "toe" at the SS and it was deadass the funniest thing she was so angry at the name
5. Taylor’s explanation of “New Year’s Day” is cute AF.
6. And she’s apparently been holding onto the lyrics of that song for a while now.
also just in case anyone hasn't said this yet......"hold onto the memories they will hold onto you" and "please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I can recognize anywhere" are lyrics she has been sitting on for years and finally found the right place for them on NYD