He became a big star playing the childish-but-lovable father on Malcolm in the Middle and now brilliantly portrays a cancer-stricken high school chemistry teacher-turned-crystal meth producer. Here are five things you may not know about Bryan Cranston, who is up for three Screen Actors Guild Awards.
1. Was born into a show business family and made his acting debut at the age of eight in a United Way commercial.
PICS: Tops & Flops - The Golden Globes Edition
2. Met his wife, actress Robin Dearden, on the set of the '80s TV series Airwolf -- he was playing the villain of the week and she portrayed his hostage held at gunpoint.
3. Became an ordained minister in college to make extra cash and says he got $150 to perform weddings, including one ceremony aboard a plane, one dressed as Elvis and another conducted in a bunny suit.
VIDEO: Ensemble Argo Cast Getting More Kudos
4. Is an avid sports fan -- especially baseball -- and has also trained for and completed four marathons.
5. Produced an instructional DVD called KidSmartz to educate families on how to avoid child abduction and online predators, with proceeds benefiting the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
RELATED: Full List of 2013 Screen Actors Guild Nominees