Harvey Weinstein has resigned from the company he co-founded.
On Tuesday, the Oscar-winning producer stepped down from the board of The Weinstein Company, while the other board members, including his brother, Bob Weinstein, voted to ratify his termination, ET confirms in a statement from The Weinstein Company Board of Directors.
Currently, Weinstein -- who co-founded the film studio with his brother in 2005 after leaving Miramax, which they previously co-founded in 1979 -- still owns about 22% of the company.
MORE: There's 'Not a Chance in Hell' Georgina Chapman Will Take Harvey Weinstein Back, Source Says
On Oct. 8, the board released a statement that they had fired the 65-year-old movie mogul after several women alleged in a New York Times story that they were sexually harassed by him.
"In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately," a board of representatives said in a statement released to ET at the time.
Both Deadline and Variety are now reporting that the company could face a legal battle with Weinstein, who alleges his firing was illegal.
MORE: Bob Weinstein Admits to Knowing About Harvey's Alleged 'Cheating,' Claims Brother Verbally Abused Him
Since the release of the Times article, numerous women -- including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Beckinsale -- have come forward alleging that they too were sexually harassed and/or assaulted by Weinstein, who has not admitted to any wrongdoing.
Now it appears Harvey Weinstein's brother is being accused of sexual harassment by Amanda Segel, an executive producer of The Mist, Variety reports. Bob Weinstein's lawyer has refuted those claims.
Here's a look at how Hollywood has reacted to the Harvey Weinstein scandal: